What's new

Is this considered a coin with a die crack error?

relicsguy

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2021
Messages
27
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is going all the way through the coin. Would this be considered rare and very collectible?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5743.webp
    IMG_5743.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_5744.webp
    IMG_5744.webp
    168.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5745.webp
    IMG_5745.webp
    221.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5746.webp
    IMG_5746.webp
    187.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5747.webp
    IMG_5747.webp
    251.9 KB · Views: 117
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I would consider this a defective planchet. A die crack should show as a raised line.
 
SUPER LAM............ that would get some serious bids on Ebay. start at $10 for 10 day auction & wait for the action:icon_thumleft:
:icon_thumright::dontknow:
 
Absolutely correct, this looks more like a lamination.
I searched coins that have a "lamination error" and they look nothing like this. Can you please show something to compare and contrast?
 
I find usually if I write in some thing like " Indian Head Penny with a "lamination error" for sale
Then there will be something for sale and it refines the search down.
Your's is a fine example of a complete lamination error, nice keeper.
Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 8.26.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 8.28.18 AM.png
 
They can have different looks, depending on the size, depth and whether it is fully retained or not.
156718818087331c1e02c536n.jpg
 
I find usually if I write in some thing like " Indian Head Penny with a "lamination error" for sale
Then there will be something for sale and it refines the search down.
Your's is a fine example of a complete lamination error, nice keeper. View attachment 2016536View attachment 2016537
I see. The one I have is completely diagnally across. What determines collectability and desireability? Does it depend on the extent of the lamination?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom