What's new

✅ SOLVED Is this depression glass?

domali

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 23, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Aunt Passed these along - 2" tall -- 3" diameter at top --1.5" diameter at base - has a seam opposite the handle - looks pink on the green background but is clear when held up to natural light - etching is flower with stem and 5 leaves - same etching on both sides --four photos attached-- can't find a photo of this anywhere - thanks for your help --- domali

unnamed-1.webpunnamed-2.webpunnamed-3.webpunnamed.webp
 
I'm not really sure on those but they are really nice!
 
Upvote 0
My guess they would be called depression era glass by the age. I'm thinking they where made in and around the mid 1930s. Maybe Diggumup will see this post and add his knowledge. He knows a thing or two on glass of this era I believe?
 
Upvote 0
The pattern looks wheel cut versus etched. It's a simple pattern and a pretty non descript glass blank. Based on the size, I'd say it's a punch cup. Do you have the bowl? I couldn't tell you who made it. I think they date later than the depression era, probably 1940's. Many companies were producing wheel cut glass in that era, particularly stemware. I'm no expert, so take this with a grain of salt.
 
Upvote 0
no bowl - than you for your help!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom