RyanOShea
Full Member
Have had this stone a while now. Years in fact. I got it back when I was collecting scrap gold. Any items I got that had stones, I would remove them. And collect and sell the gold as scrap when it would jump up. And sell the stones separate. The ring that had this green stone was a 5 gram 14k gold ring. I have no idea what this is. I thought maybe a polished emerald of some sort. But, it just wasnt emerald like to me at all. I have heard JADE on here. But, I dont know anything about Jade. I didn't even realize it could be valuable. Until a friend of mine was give two red jade statues by his mother. And a friend broke one of them. And he was pissed saying it was worth thousands of dollars.
This stone is a really pretty green. It's 1ct. Its a light/darkish green. Its not faceted. But more of an oval. Both sides are rounded, and polished. With the bottom being slightly less rounded as the top of the stone. My guess is for setting reasons. I would assume the stone has some value to it since it was in such a big solid gold ring. Below are the pics. Best I could get with my camera. If you know anything about stones. Some input would be really great. Price estimates. Stone types. Types of Jade ext. That sort of info. I know its impossible to ID a stone from pics for certain. But, would like to get as close of an opinion as possible. For example. If you are into collecting precious stones. And I had this listed on here as a 100.00$ 1ct Jade stone. Would you believe it? No, not asking so I can go rip someone off. Just using it as an example. As in, would it fit the profile.
Thanks for looking. Any and all comments and help would really help me get started on how to figure out what this is. Need the input if it has potential value before I pay to have it checked out and certified.
This stone is a really pretty green. It's 1ct. Its a light/darkish green. Its not faceted. But more of an oval. Both sides are rounded, and polished. With the bottom being slightly less rounded as the top of the stone. My guess is for setting reasons. I would assume the stone has some value to it since it was in such a big solid gold ring. Below are the pics. Best I could get with my camera. If you know anything about stones. Some input would be really great. Price estimates. Stone types. Types of Jade ext. That sort of info. I know its impossible to ID a stone from pics for certain. But, would like to get as close of an opinion as possible. For example. If you are into collecting precious stones. And I had this listed on here as a 100.00$ 1ct Jade stone. Would you believe it? No, not asking so I can go rip someone off. Just using it as an example. As in, would it fit the profile.
Thanks for looking. Any and all comments and help would really help me get started on how to figure out what this is. Need the input if it has potential value before I pay to have it checked out and certified.







