What's new

Is this Native American Indian Artifact?

BrettCo124

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2009
Messages
900
Reaction score
939
Golden Thread
0
Location
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I am in a place where there has been much Native American campsites in Maryland. People have found arrowheads here before, including one myself.

I am not good at IDing things, and I was about to throw this one back in until I decided to ask you all if you could tell me if it's anything other than a stone. I feel like I've seen something similar before on the forum...

Thank you everybody.

BrettCo ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492292067.560155.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492292159.974399.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492292214.732182.webp
 
Upvote 0
Thats a nice point.......
and striking out is common for me. I look at it as hiking with something to do besides hiking. :)
 
Thanks so much. I was seriously STOKED to find it. It's only my second one I've ever found!

I'm really curious on my last question I asked (with the photo). Could someone please help answer? It looks like a flake to me, but it was said to only be a stone. I'm really curious if anyone has a second opinion on it. I'd love to know that the stone could have been worked, or chipped.

Thanks all.
 
I meant to ask, I posted a bunch of photos of a rock (in this thread, about maybe 10 responses above this one) that I thought was possibly a flake or something small and worked. It was considered only a rock.

Could you explain why you came to that conclusion so I can understand as well? Does everyone else also agree it's only a rock? It's small, thin but not super thin, but has areas on it that look chipped off... here is another photo of it: View attachment 1441246

Hard pic to see but good enough to know its just a fractured rock and shows no signs of being worked by man. I dont see any breakage on the cortex no flakes removed from it. 3 pages on this post is enough for me and this is my last response. Start a new post on your next find, rock
 
Thanks for checking it out. It was a question I asked earlier but I wanted to see others opinions. It all came from the same trip I took so it was a part of my original question. I didn't realize there was a limit to pages. Thanks again.
 
Last edited:
Don't feel bad BrettCo124, A lot of my posts weren't either. Now if I pick up something that might be an artifact I really study it before posting it on here and get told
it's not.
 
Thanks! Just didn't want to toss this one yet because I'm trying to identify flakes. Thanks all for your advice. I'll post my next find hopefully this weekend.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom