What's new

Is this normal for pennies?

UTcoinshootR

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
274
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
I rarely CRH but, today I picked up a tray of machine rolled pennies from the bank in the grocery store. I got 1 wheat. That is it. 1 1936 wheat penny out of 20 rolls. I gotta say, I thought I would do better than that. So now I'm wondering how many wheats do YOU average per $10 worth? Is one wheat for 10 dollars worth a real bad day or should I just stick to nickels and halves? - UT
 
Upvote 0
I usually get 20% copper and 5-8 wheaties out of $25 box. I still have the last box I bought though, after sorting 10 rolls not even any copper so you never know, its the luck of the draw. HH Mark
BTW personally I wouldn't bother sorting pennies if I wasn't pulling copper too.
 
i normally get like 12-20 wheats for a 25.00 box
 
lately I have been averaging 12-14 wheats per $25 box
 
hand rolls normally give me less wheats than ($25) boxes.

On boxes, I am averaging about 5.8 wheats per box in 2009. So about 1 for every $4.31 searched.

I would not searcvh pennies for wheats alone. I also keep the copper, which makes it worth it, but if I were only searching for wheats I'd pass.
 
Thanks for your info guys!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom