Ammoman Bronze Member Joined Oct 12, 2015 Messages 2,221 Reaction score 5,392 Golden Thread 0 Location NC Detector(s) used XP Deus, XP Deus2, NOX 900, Tesoro Compadre.. Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 18, 2018 #1 I found this Dumb bell type of object at Oak Ridge Military Academy. Can anyone Identify what it might be? The Academy dates back to the early 1850's I suspect it is part of a military uniform. Possibly dress uniform.
I found this Dumb bell type of object at Oak Ridge Military Academy. Can anyone Identify what it might be? The Academy dates back to the early 1850's I suspect it is part of a military uniform. Possibly dress uniform.
Kray Gelder Gold Member Joined Feb 24, 2017 Messages 7,064 Reaction score 12,562 Golden Thread 0 Location Georgetown, SC Detector(s) used Fisher F75 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 18, 2018 #2 It's a cuff link, I believe. Cool find. Upvote 0
Ammoman Bronze Member Joined Oct 12, 2015 Messages 2,221 Reaction score 5,392 Golden Thread 0 Location NC Detector(s) used XP Deus, XP Deus2, NOX 900, Tesoro Compadre.. Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 18, 2018 Thread Owner #3 Thanks Kray, makes sense. I was thinking it might be something along those lines. Maybe something to hold a coat together. Upvote 0
Thanks Kray, makes sense. I was thinking it might be something along those lines. Maybe something to hold a coat together.
Rookster Sapphire Member Joined Nov 24, 2013 Messages 29,409 Reaction score 111,678 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer Primary Interest: Cache Hunting Nov 18, 2018 #4 Very nice find.Congrats Upvote 0
Kray Gelder Gold Member Joined Feb 24, 2017 Messages 7,064 Reaction score 12,562 Golden Thread 0 Location Georgetown, SC Detector(s) used Fisher F75 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 18, 2018 #5 Ammoman said: Thanks Kray, makes sense. I was thinking it might be something along those lines. Maybe something to hold a coat together. Click to expand... If you search vintage barbell cufflink, quite a few pop up. Upvote 0
Ammoman said: Thanks Kray, makes sense. I was thinking it might be something along those lines. Maybe something to hold a coat together. Click to expand... If you search vintage barbell cufflink, quite a few pop up.
tamrock Platinum Member Joined Jan 16, 2013 Messages 16,407 Reaction score 34,878 Golden Thread 0 Location Colorado Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 18, 2018 #6 Cufflinks at one time, now I see people wearing them in their nostrils. Upvote 0
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 18, 2018 #7 good ID I would have recognized a dumbell I see ine in the mirror everyday lol Upvote 0
Kray Gelder Gold Member Joined Feb 24, 2017 Messages 7,064 Reaction score 12,562 Golden Thread 0 Location Georgetown, SC Detector(s) used Fisher F75 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 18, 2018 #8 tamrock said: Cufflinks at one time, now I see people wearing them in their nostrils. Click to expand... Ouch! I think those screw together. This thing would be painful forcing through the hole. Dang, that made my eyes water just writing it. Upvote 0
tamrock said: Cufflinks at one time, now I see people wearing them in their nostrils. Click to expand... Ouch! I think those screw together. This thing would be painful forcing through the hole. Dang, that made my eyes water just writing it.
jewelerguy Gold Member Joined Jun 28, 2011 Messages 12,329 Reaction score 11,508 Golden Thread 0 Location Oklahoma Detector(s) used White's XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 18, 2018 #9 ball end cufflink. the button is from a WW2 Army HBT uniform Upvote 0