F fieldsjoe89 Jr. Member Joined Dec 27, 2014 Messages 84 Reaction score 183 Golden Thread 0 Location Alabama Detector(s) used Garrett GTI 1500,White's VX3, Tesoro Stingray Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 9, 2018 Thread Owner #1 I have pieces I know are petrified wood, but I found this piece in the river and I'm not too certain about what this rock is. Thanks in advance.
I have pieces I know are petrified wood, but I found this piece in the river and I'm not too certain about what this rock is. Thanks in advance.
ToddsPoint Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Mar 2, 2018 Messages 9,215 Reaction score 33,232 Golden Thread 0 Location Todds Point, IL Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 10, 2018 #2 I'd say it's possible. If you could grind the end flat and polish it you would know for sure. Gary
F fieldsjoe89 Jr. Member Joined Dec 27, 2014 Messages 84 Reaction score 183 Golden Thread 0 Location Alabama Detector(s) used Garrett GTI 1500,White's VX3, Tesoro Stingray Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 10, 2018 Thread Owner #3 Definitely will try. I liked it enough to keep it anyway lol. It's a different texture from my other pieces, but I know that doesn't mean much.
Definitely will try. I liked it enough to keep it anyway lol. It's a different texture from my other pieces, but I know that doesn't mean much.