What's new

Is this some kind of fossil?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
004.webp005.webpI believe it was found somewhere along the Potomac river in southern Maryland but I am not sure?
 
It's hard to tell just from a photo but the first thing that came to me when I looked at it was that it looks like slag from an iron foundry.
 
It's hard to tell just from a photo but the first thing that came to me when I looked at it was that it looks like slag from an iron foundry.
After i got your reply,I put a magnet to it and it did not stick.I am pretty sure it is some kind of rock?Its about 10 inches long, 7 wide and about 4 inches thick in thickest spots.
 
Last edited:
Slag is not magnetic
 
could be just a conglomerate. (a bunch of rocks and such cemented together naturally)
 
It's hard to tell just from a photo but the first thing that came to me when I looked at it was that it looks like slag from an iron foundry.
Hell if I know.It Looked like it had some kind of little critters on it at one time.I know what you mean about the picture's,kind of like a second hand view .
 
I will find a good one1, one of these days,"next time gadget,"next time"! Thanks for the help!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom