What's new

Is this what I think it is? SOLVED!!!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking this is part of an old animal trap. Whatcha think?

Rick
 

Attachments

  • 100_0342.webp
    100_0342.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 510
Re: Is this what I think it is?

Thanks guys!!!
 
Upvote 0
And here is a Victor that I made for Halloween. 12" X 12" tiles are for comparison.

Tony
 

Attachments

  • Vtrap.webp
    Vtrap.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 483
Upvote 0
yep.
 

Attachments

  • animal leg traps.webp
    animal leg traps.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 470
  • animal leg traps.webp
    animal leg traps.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0
Yup, that's what it is, I used to trap muskrats for a living, would sell the skins and sell the meat, made about 10 bucks per rat, 8.50 per skin, rest for da meat.......NGE btw, size "O" traps were the best size.
 
Upvote 0
Plebah, that was back in the early '70's. We had to tan the skins and gut and clean the meat. Skins had to be complete, ears, and feet skin had to be complete. Wish that was true today, I'd be trappin'. Heck in 8 hours, one trap produced 13 rats! Thank God our trapping creek was only 1 block away, if it were further we would not have profitted much, as gas was about 1.65 gallon ( Gas hike of 1973) we ran 20 traps......NGE
 
Upvote 0
NGE...you had to skin the ears and feet too?????? ???
 
Upvote 0
Unfortunately yes. Trim around ankles, and ear skin had to be there. I think they were making muskrat coats or stoles. We used to use some of the fur for making dry flies for fishing. You see....muskrat outer fur is hollow and sealed at both ends, and you always wondered how they stayed afloat so easily even when they weren't moving......NGE
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom