What's new

Is this Worked?

treasurehunter313

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
358
Reaction score
321
Golden Thread
0
Location
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m usually found in the bottle digging or metal detecting section but tonight I was walking creek beds in southern KY and found this. I’m not up on Native American artifacts so I have no clue. Any insight is appreciated! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566077444.981468.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566077456.345642.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566077466.347063.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566077477.814116.webp
 
Upvote 0
I would say YES! Maybe a preform or large scraper.
 
I hope so! It’d be my first find ever! Thanks for the reply.
 
Awesome ! Thanks
 
Definitely a large scraper. That’s awesome. Very cool find.
 
Good piece!! Not only worked but to me it looks worn from use.
 
Definitely an artifact looks like some cortex still on it maybe a unfinished piece for some reason
 
That's a nice example of a large hide scraper! :icon_thumright: If I were you I would continue to search the immediate area for more possible artifacts. Usually around here if you find a scraper you are in the general vicinity of a camp site. Maybe washed down from a camp site?
 
Yes it is! No doubt at all! And it's very old.
 
I’m pumped! Thanks! The creek is immediately below a corn field I’ll walk it once it is turned over.
 
Another observation... it came off a core (mother stone) where the flat side was once attached and the fact that cortex is still present all over the outer layer says it is a primary "flake". They loved that one. Plenty of surface grip roughness! Check out this link on...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithic_flake
 
That is an awesome observation! Thanks for taking the time to share that. I may go walk the creek again here shortly I’ll share anything I find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom