What's new

Is this wrought?

cajundetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2023
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
2,053
Golden Thread
0
I posted this a while back. Several members thought it was a railroad spike. I’m thinking it’s wrought but sometimes I see what I want to see lol. Also if it is, what time period would that place it in. What do y’all think? Thanks for viewing and any help is greatly appreciated. AC74E1B8-9F49-4F6B-8480-77E897473260.webp
 

Attachments

  • C099B171-9AE4-4FCF-896C-0EC4BB235DF4.webp
    C099B171-9AE4-4FCF-896C-0EC4BB235DF4.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
I agree it's a railroad spike. Looks wrought to me too. I imagine, when the railroads were really laying track, they were buying spikes from wherever they could get them. I'd bet every small town blacksmith near the tracks was supplementing their income turning these out of their little forges. Just a WAG.
 
I agree it's a railroad spike. Looks wrought to me too. I imagine, when the railroads were really laying track, they were buying spikes from wherever they could get them. I'd bet every small town blacksmith near the tracks was supplementing their income turning these out of their little forges. Just a WAG.
Thank you for the insight! I really appreciate it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom