Isolation experiences thread

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a place to put your isolation experiences...

95097974_10217487756966046_7359181193293594624_n_1b424d2fb6fa776916f6d8fef0a60da20701bcb8.jpg

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never was isolated or locked down. Went to work regularly, got outdoors on my days off. Pretty much nothing changed for me.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
isolation is a normal part of country living and being retired. nothing much has changed for me , I do wash my hands after handling the mail though.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have detected everyday since this craziness started...life is good! :icon_thumleft:

Teaching my College students Physics and Engineering remotely...sucks! :BangHead:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out in the woods here too. Only go into town every 3 or 4 days and only for short shopping trips. Closest neighbor about 1/2 mile away.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing has changed for me either. I'm still working at the Sheriffs Dept. and am not a "Mall shopper" so I don't go out in public in that manner. Wife and I go to the grocery store and I still detect on my days off. This thing bothers my wife more, as she likes to go out and just walk around the stores for exercise and sanity, and thanks to our P.O.S. Governor Pritzker, that is not going to happen until at least the end of May. We do a lot of reading and working in the yard (which is not a bad thing).

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Live on a farm, garden and house never looked better. Kids at home, schooling online. Wife never stopped working. Proper family meals , no rushing. Possible my wife had it back in Feb? We never get sick. Ever. She had all the symptoms. Got better...before we even knew about what it was. Had a big delivery of food that lasted 6 weeks. Weather has been amazing, wind still 25C average (about 77F). Walk every day etc.

chub

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing has really changed so far since I am retired except that shopping is a real pain. But this summer it will since all of our lake beaches are closed. I can probably get a little more land hunting done but not the same as a early morning detecting session at the lake.

OP
OP
xaos

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were in lockdown here. They closed the beaches and had the National Guard patrolling them.
All restaurants and bars are closed. All non-essential people had to stay at home and businesses closed.
Essential businesses only allowed to have 10 people total in the building.
Airport and ports are closed.
Beaches reopened last weekend, but Natl Guard on them enforcing 6 foot distance, and no alcohol allowed.
Cant leave your house without a mask, even just to walk or drive around.

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were in lockdown here. They closed the beaches and had the National Guard patrolling them.
All restaurants and bars are closed. All non-essential people had to stay at home and businesses closed.
Essential businesses only allowed to have 10 people total in the building.
Airport and ports are closed.
Beaches reopened last weekend, but Natl Guard on them enforcing 6 foot distance, and no alcohol allowed.
Cant leave your house without a mask, even just to walk or drive around.

Dang I'm glad I don't have to live under such control .
A few of the older folks like me are wearing a mask at the store but no one is controlling us and everyone is free to move about .
total cases in this'' free to be'' me zone is 13. yup 13 people total and no deaths. and the guberment didn't even have to save us.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Live on a 165 ac. farm in a 1840 house with a trout stream and pond. Detecting any time I want.Hunt and fish any time I want.Garden is slowly coming along.I only go out when the fridge in the garage needs a "beer fix". Nothing has changed for me and never will :thumbsup: Stay safe

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
No change here, been working since it started, company gave us a 20% raise. Been shopping weekends.

OP
OP
xaos

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Caribbean is shut down hard...

USVI is not too bad..still, ports are in lockdown, and only residents are allowed back through airport or ports..., and emergency responders...

PR is under lockdown and curfew.

BVI, same, lockdown and closed.

Many people, especially Europeans, stranded offshore on sails with no where to go. Visas are not good anymore...
been taking supplies out to them...

anyone on STX here?

Lets meets up! PM me for locations of the Speakeasys!

Last edited:

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was going to contribute..my “not much has changed”, but a word to the wise...change is coming.

Anybody can see that inflation is on the horizon and increased shortages of items different than the tp and hand cleaner are headed down the pike. I couldn’t buy a pair of socks last trip to a box store...that is actually a basic necessity. I’m sure I can drive 1 hour to the next town and find some socks...but it is an indicator. Where do socks come from? Not the USA! Tri tip roast was over $10/lb! More expensive than boneless ribeye. That is home grown.

Depending on how the election pans out....we may see major change. Universal basic income is one that is being argued for. This has HUGE implications for the direction of our country.

I have been pretty spot on with my hunches so far so I’m listening to this one as well.

Start thinking ahead to next spring.

Also anticipate this thread getting vaporized. Moderators have made it clear...only one thread related to covid-19

Same thing on other forums.
Amazing that the hottest subject BY FAR has to be corralled into one thread.
The "only coronavirus" threads become 600 posts lol.
Who wants to weed through all of that?

OP
OP
xaos

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only one thread related to covid-19

Well, I felt that isolation experiences, and what we are all doing is a different thread....

just got my new mask from Italy...

vqr8FoE.jpg

Lucio21

Greenie
May 15, 2020
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Se Ltd.
Fisher CZ3D
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was social distancing and wearing a mask when I did go out. I finally got tired of all the self appointed community hall monitors I would see at the stores, yelling and screaming at people who werent wearing masks. They PROLONGED their "exposure" just so they could act like they were in control.

Now I go about my business as usual. No mask.

I think it might be because I live in a small community but I have never seen so many wanna be hall monitors. Now if I see someone going out of their way to scream and whine about masks I just start fake coughing really exaggerated and they are gone like a fart in the wind.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Not too much has changed for me excepting the mask and distancing when I have to shop. I am still having trouble understanding why some people need a years worth of toilet paper. I have seen price gouging by a local grocery chain and I hope the governor goes after them for it. 12 packs went from about $7 to $10 all of a sudden. They even had an off brand 4 pack going for $10. Really?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Not too much has changed for me excepting the mask and distancing when I have to shop. I am still having trouble understanding why some people need a years worth of toilet paper. I have seen price gouging by a local grocery chain and I hope the governor goes after them for it. 12 packs went from about $7 to $10 all of a sudden. They even had an off brand 4 pack going for $10. Really?
Not really unusual for a household to stock up on a product that’s used every day. Never going to need it for more than a month? Over time, saves money and trips to the store. Why put up a side of beef, or buy extra toothpaste, or, or...etc?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread