What's new

It finally happened!

detect4au

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
After hunting boxes for almost 2 years I finally got a good one. I rarely post, but I visit the forum regularly. I picked up six boxes on the way home from work. I always check them when I get home to see if any silver is showing. The third box has five rolls with silver on the end in the upper row (double stacked boxes). I always set the good box to the side and open it last. To my suprise, the fifth box has silver showing on 11 rolls!
None of the boxes were skunks. The first four boxes totalled 22 silvers. 7-90% 64's and 15-40's. The box that had five showing gave up 45-40's, all of which came from the five rolls that had silver showing, the rest of the rolls were skunks. Seeing that amount of silver come out of those five rolls meant get a beer (or 2) for the last box.
I decided to document the last box. I pulled out each roll and checked to see if the bottom side had silver. Out of the fifty rolls, only 15 did not have silver on the end. 10 rolls had silver on both ends. I knew this was going to be a great box.
I weighed each roll before opening it to try and guess what was in it. To my suprise, every roll had silver in it. The roll with the least silvers had three and a couple had four or five, but most had more. The best roll had 15! The box netted me 438-40% and 1-90%. :headbang: The total for the six boxes was 498-40% and 8-90%.
To date my best box had 53 BU 90% Bens and Kennedy's. The picture below is the total for the six boxes. What a suprise after over 60% of my boxes are skunks and most only produce a couple silver 40's. I hope more come my way and yours!
HH and cheers,
detect4au
IMG_1602.webp
 
Upvote 0
Insanity ! Almost 500 keepers. I am still waiting for my first dream box.
 
Nice find. My best box to date has been 38 keepers. A silver in every roll :icon_thumleft:

Maine_Jim
 
You had a fantastic day. Thanks for all the pics. Looks like a super dream box to me.
 
Wuhooooooooooooooooooo...................................................!
 
I'll certify the one box as a dream box!

Nicely done!!!
 
awesome...who would have expected turning $250 into silver in a day...WOW!!! :headbang:
 
The silver river is still flowing it seems. Love to see it but can't lie wish it were me.

Golden Silver
 
Awesome - the one with the nail polish, is it a '69? I've found 2 '69's locally with the obverse covered in the same shade. WTF?
 
That's the way you do it folks!!!!!!!!!

You get a dream box.......YOU TAKE PICTURES OF IT!!!!

Congratulations
 
Thanks for all the replies! It sure was exciting to open roll after roll with silver so thick. It sure seems like there have been quite a few "dream boxes" lately. Obediah and wife with 2! I can only hope that my next boxes continue with some of these rolls.
Fred- The red fingernail polish is on the 68's, actually there are 2 of them with it. The picture above has from left to right, 64's, 65's, 66's, 67's, 68's, and 69's. Hope you all get into a box like this!
Cheers,
detect4au
 
detect4au;
Your post reinstills the rest of us with hope (as you know, CRHers are a hopeful bunch).
Dream box!! You made it last, and documented it well, which is very commendable.
Nice! Really, really nice!!
- Grizz
 
detect4au said:
Fred- The red fingernail polish is on the 68's, actually there are 2 of them with it.
Cheers,
detect4au
Hmmm..... I'll have to double check mine, looks too similar to be a coincidence!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom