pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well yesterday had to get a rotor replaced on the Mrs car. Turns out all 4 are to be replaced under warranty as the brake job was done in November.
One caliper was seized so that was another issue.
Need to go back and have the rears done on Friday as they ran out of time.
So sit in a waiting room for hours-or get the shuttle service to drop me off at a farm gate permission?
Hard one to decide on right. 🤣
Not many finds but it only took one to make the 3 hrs worth while.
62 Regiment of Foot
ID as Mid 1800's
(Thanks Iron Patch)
# pin
This little site has treated me well over the years.
Have dug 24 Coppers, 2 silvers, buttons, military and civilian, other military items.
This is a natural stone arch bridge across the water stream.

The depth of items are nearly undetectable now. Little high tones that slow swinging produce.
20220426_124506.jpg
20220426_132557.jpg
20220426_132648.jpg
20220426_132629.jpg
20220426_183915.jpg
20220426_183926.jpg

Dug this little item, not sure what it's off, or what is used for yet. JamieD posted up the link ID as a cog faster. Brilliant 👏 thanks.
20220426_132111.jpg
20220426_132116.jpg

For a 100'x30' field strip it still provides a keeper or two.
The owner of the property told me that below the stone arch bridge there were two upright stones that had the military officers names and info.
The Government blasted the creek system deeper and that caused the water to topple the two stones over.
The wrong way, so one can't read the info.
20220426_123745.jpg

Thought I better post this now, as it seems like life grabs time, and it never gets done.
Thanks for viewing this long little finds post up.

Last edited:
Upvote 54
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the great finds! I haven't gotten out this year yet, weather has been mostly cool and windy. When it is warm, I have lots of yard and lot work to do! But, I'll get out eventually. Thanks for posting.
Thanks ArfieBoy
It's a hard when we have to juggle the spring list of yard work and playtime. I get desperate and go walk on the 40 acres for an hour a few times a week-I know when hte Mrs is eating lunch and I won't be missed. :dontknow:

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can hear that water just looking at your picture. Congrats on the cool finds and beautiful spot!
Thanks Ceaky
I know there's a find or 2 around the bridge, but the overgrowth of the prickly ash really puts holes in the fun of trying to navigate around.
Got one stuck in the top of the head a few years back, right through the baseball cap to the skull bone.
Still feel it hitting, and bled like a stuck pig, devil trees.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be cool to try and get those two stones standing again, maybe the historical society would fund a re-erecting of the stones or move them to a museum to preserve the history on them.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
A very cool pic of the natural stone bridge. There was one on my property. I often stare at it an wonder what it would have looked like. It definitely looks like a beautiful place and much better than the waiting room. Congratulations on the finds! I totally agree with @Back-of-the-boat , those stones should be saved.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

A very cool pic of the natural stone bridge. There was one on my property. I often stare at it an wonder what it would have looked like. It definitely looks like a beautiful place and much better than the waiting room. Congratulations on the finds! I totally agree with @Back-of-the-boat , those stones should be saved.
Thanks WD
I really don't know how the relationship between agencies and owners are. Seems when the creek system was altered it didn't go over well with owners.
I haven't really gotten into the politics of it all.
I'm just grateful for the permission. Some folks get spooked it seems if certain topics are brought up.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It would be cool to try and get those two stones standing again, maybe the historical society would fund a re-erecting of the stones or move them to a museum to preserve the history on them.
Most historical societies up here struggle for funding to just keep a meeting going, let alone for a project.
I think I know the 2 opposing rocks are that are toppled over. It's a major undertaking to just access the site with heavy equipment.
But there was talk of taking the Prickly Ash down. That would be a dream for opening up the site.
I know of a few that have asked me over the years to help with sites. Maybe I will bend a ear on a few to see if there's interest.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Real nice find and thanks for sharing the beautiful scenery!
Thank You
It's one of the nicer permissions where I can loose a day and gain a day of mental therapy just swinging .
It's only a 100 acres but it covers a lot of history it seems.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aside from the cool finds,and they are cool,That,s just a beautiful place.I could just sit down and listen to that water running and chuckling and lose all sense of time.Take my mind back in time to another era.Thanks pepper!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way,we got Black Locust trees here with those devil spikes.They,ll go right through a heavy off road tire and a hat and scalp don,t even slow them down!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the great old finds! Much better than a waiting area. Free coffee is good tho.
Thanks the place has treated well.

Tim Hortons puck coffee. Yak!
No rather drink swamp water.:laughing7:

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tha
Aside from the cool finds,and they are cool,That,s just a beautiful place.I could just sit down and listen to that water running and chuckling and lose all sense of time.Take my mind back in time to another era.Thanks pepper!
Thanks Crash
It's kind of like visiting an old friend.
One never gets tired of good company. 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread