Cherokee Dan

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics 4000 Garrett Pin Pointer
AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I don't post very often. I have been detecting our old farm when I can get there. Also have a privet park in our neighbor hood I get to MD.
Have found some old relics at the farm, and have found a rosie and hot wheels at the park. Have found some modern pennies and quarter or two. Will post some pictures when I learn how.
Teknetics 4000. Love this machine.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's really chilly around this part of Texas and supposed to be colder tomorrow. Congrats on your finds and would love to see those pictures. I usually come to San Antonio every Thanksgiving and stay at the Menger with family. We stay all weekend after eating Thanksgiving lunch at the Menger. I love San Antonio but I was sad when I found out about the MDin regulations in the parks.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee Dan

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics 4000 Garrett Pin Pointer
AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it sucks. There are so many places with history that no one will ever see or hear about the artifacts that are there because of the law. The archeologist will never be able to excavate or locate all of the site's.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Dan: Well, cold? Not really. When I was young, this was sit in a tree and hunt deer weather. You want cold? My sister's ranch that runs up against Glacier National Park in Montana. This is still golf weather and have played Cedar Creek and Brack in worse than this. Next, places you can't get to. Try taking a class or just volunteering at UTSA's Anthropology Dept. They will include you when they do digs around the city and may help you get into some of those other areas around here.

Pescadore: To get into the Menger dining room you are going right through the old lobby. The desk sat right in front of those windows next to where the clock is. If you haven't done it, climb the stairs to whichever floor you wish. There are several ghosts in this hotel. I have seen the old woman that sits and knits. She scowled at me then disappeared. Interesting. The retired hotel mgr.(Ruvalcaba I think his name is) will tell you all about them and the girls who clean the rooms will cross themselves and tell you of places they will not go. By the way, try the baked Brie in the restaurant or at least the mango ice cream and have a cigar from the humidor for me, since my Dr's won't let me anymore. Oh, and don't miss the Menger Bar where Teddy Roosevelt signed up the Rough Riders and the bullet holes still exist where he had a contest with a cowboy.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pescadore: To get into the Menger dining room you are going right through the old lobby. The desk sat right in front of those windows next to where the clock is. If you haven't done it, climb the stairs to whichever floor you wish. There are several ghosts in this hotel. I have seen the old woman that sits and knits. She scowled at me then disappeared. Interesting. The retired hotel mgr.(Ruvalcaba I think his name is) will tell you all about them and the girls who clean the rooms will cross themselves and tell you of places they will not go. By the way, try the baked Brie in the restaurant or at least the mango ice cream and have a cigar from the humidor for me, since my Dr's won't let me anymore. Oh, and don't miss the Menger Bar where Teddy Roosevelt signed up the Rough Riders and the bullet holes still exist where he had a contest with a cowboy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah been on a couple of ghost hunts there but no luck yet. I have had a few drinks at the bar and heard all the stories. The Menger is a great place and a lot of fun. The Thanksgiving lunch is delicious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread