Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was asked to come speak before the youth at a church Wednesday about metal detecting. I took what I thought would be an ample supply of bling to give away but I was wrong. I brought pics of class rings found and returns, pics of lots of other finds as well as trash. I brought the AT GOLD because of possible hands on time for the kids. I also brought a lot of the normal trash that we dig and showed them how the "good stuff" signals can also be the bad stuff. I also showed them some of the "good stuff" such as gold rings, silver and the 1940 Merc that I had found the day before. I thought that I had plenty of relics to show but they all ended up given away as well. The kids (from middle school age to high school) totally ate it up as the questions seemed to never stop. So then I began asking the questions and when ever a kid answered the question correctly, they were allowed to come up and select one item from "pile." Everything disappeared quickly including most of my relics. I had shown a complete harmonica reed to them and asked what it was but nobody knew. One kid came up and asked specifically for the reed, he thought that it was a very cool thing from the past. I was asked to come back sometime soon and I will but this time it will be outdoors where we will actually detect. I will also bring more bling, the jewelry was being worn and very proudly. I promised a couple of kids that I would bring them some rings next week to choose from. The pin pointer was tried on just anything and everything. I knew better than to bring my regular shovels and diggers and so brought plastic ones. I was amazed that several kids really got into the digging history part. I believe that anything that gets kids away from those stupid games and outside has to be better for them. Anyways, I finally had to call it a day with kids hanging all over me for more info, pretty darn cool. Had a lot of kids wanting me to come detect their yards. It was loads of fun.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your a good man, keep it up

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job Dirtlooter! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread