Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It wasn't the best day but it also wasn't the worst. The coolest things were the Fire car and the old oil lamp wick adjuster piece. I was digging the trash, had a lot more can slaw and foil with the usual rusty iron. I started wading through the pull tabs but they were quickly over taken by the grommets, they were everywhere! I managed to find some clad in amongst the grommets and a few other things, the dog tag from 89 etc. The grommets were hitting from 74 to 78 and after so many, I just began skipping them, maybe another thirty or more. not a lot and yet more grommets than I care to dig but at least they are out of the ground. Hopefully you are doing better than this! LOL View attachment 1050424

Upvote 3

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those grommets are a pain. Not magnetic so you can't pick them up that way. Too good of a metal to ignore and sure to be masking other stuff when there's that many.

At least the place is cleaner. Maybe just do one small patch at a time? :dontknow:

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
maybe several tarps

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dirtlooter ! Wonder why so many grommets is it a former camping site maybe ? Have to wonder what goodies might be lurking in the ground still !!

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny how that car got caught up in the mix!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man thats a lot of grommets, i get them every now and then read like IH'S on my machine cool finds dirtlooter..

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Enlarged your pic to see the fire car better - cool find! :notworthy: :hello2::headbang: Mean gremlins left those grommets, bah! :laughing7: :tongue3: :BangHead: Andi

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goodness, that is a LOT of grommets!!!!! Seeing that photo made my right knee hurt just thinking about digging all those holes.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
they are annoying to say the least, went back today and dug a couple more, they are kind of like pull tabs here, dang it you do and dang if you don't. sure as the world one would an IH or something else. I finally moved to another area to hunt. I found them over a fifty square yard area and pulled out some sort of matchbox truck. the best signals were deep and turned out to be the dreaded beer cans... I really hate digging in the hard dirt 8 inches or more just to find a mashed can but that is life, I keep hoping it is some sort of silver coin LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread