against the wind
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jul 27, 2015
- Messages
- 24,896
- Reaction score
- 24,983
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
- Detector(s) used
- E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I scooted up to the Grove I have been pulling Silver out of. I had to work today and didn't start my hunt until 5 P.M. I figured a 2 1/2 hour hunt was better than no hunt. About an hour into the hunt I popped out a beautiful piece of silver which I promptly deposited in my coin pocket. A young fellow was watching me dig and he asked what I had found. I told him, "Just a dime." No sense in telling anyone that I'm finding 100 year old coins.
When I got home I cleaned the 1914 Barber Dime with a little Baking Soda. This dime looked like "It Was Dropped The Day Before It Was Minted" ,,,, and then I saw the nick on Lady Liberty's neck. My heart dropped. I must have brushed it with my digger.
Well tomorrow is Labor Day and I have off. You can bet I'll be out bright and early, looking for whatever Silver,, The Grove has to offer.
My 2015 Silver Coin Total is now 109.







When I got home I cleaned the 1914 Barber Dime with a little Baking Soda. This dime looked like "It Was Dropped The Day Before It Was Minted" ,,,, and then I saw the nick on Lady Liberty's neck. My heart dropped. I must have brushed it with my digger.
Well tomorrow is Labor Day and I have off. You can bet I'll be out bright and early, looking for whatever Silver,, The Grove has to offer.
My 2015 Silver Coin Total is now 109.







Last edited:
Upvote
42










