What's new

Itching to go detecting!

austin2012

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its warming up, just slowly. There's still snow on the ground and too cold to actually go detecting. Who else is stuck in the cold weather?
 
I will go if its 33 degrees! I dont mind the cold. We got bare spots here and there, where there is no snow, but the ground is froze solid!!! Cant recover a thing. Suposed to be in the 40-50's, I'm thinking beach sand will be digable before topsoil/dirt. Thats where I am headed, as soon as I dont need a jack hammer!
 
I know the feeling! I hate the cold...The frost is slowly leaving though.
 
Yeah there's some patches of grass showing, just its so muddy is gonna be a mess. :dontknow:
 
STILL FREEZING HERE---BUT 50 DEGREES SUNDAY---YEA MAN-- 3-2-13 ARROWHEAD HUNTING AFTON 009.webp
 
Got the same weather as digging440yrs. Thinking about a tot lot or 2 over the weekend.
 
just was out the water is running but could only dig down 3 too 4 inches
found
a 2001 dime a 1982 &1980 penny went out with the mxt marked the spots then went and got the garret cx pluss and dug them up
found some copper all so...the gray ghost head phone worked real nice
 
Wow liftloop, I didnt relize you were so far north, any finds are good right now, I think I would have to move snow to dig that deep, hard frost on bare ground
 
The ground was thawing, the snow was melting, now there's another foot of the white stuff. Supposed to be 50's this coming week. Getting the itch.
 
I will go if its 33 degrees! I dont mind the cold. We got bare spots here and there, where there is no snow, but the ground is froze solid!!! Cant recover a thing. Suposed to be in the 40-50's, I'm thinking beach sand will be digable before topsoil/dirt. Thats where I am headed, as soon as I dont need a jack hammer!

You got a jack hammer,,!,?
 
You're itching to go detecting?

Guess what the FedEx guy delivered to my home last night at 7:15 PM?

Yep, a brand new AT Pro and a Pro Pointer...:hello2:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0504.webp
    IMG_0504.webp
    494.5 KB · Views: 141
His thought
O no another one
 
Wow liftloop, I didnt relize you were so far north, any finds are good right now, I think I would have to move snow to dig that deep, hard frost on bare ground

the grader sweep the old rail road tracks bare it's stamp sand gravel mixed but there's over two feet else ware...
 
Did you take a picture of the Fed-Ex guy? He doesn't look to happy about that. :laughing9:
 
Did you take a picture of the Fed-Ex guy? He doesn't look to happy about that. :laughing9:

Actually, he was pretty cool...also into MDing. When I told him what was in the box, he started sharing his MD experiences.
He WAS tired...started at 6 AM, got to my place at about 7:15 PM, and he said that he still had 15 more stops before he was finished.
 
Thats a great picture....well in North central PA it got up to 51 today...tomorrow is forcated to be 55.....there is still snow on the ground...but a lot has melted and the gang is heading out tomorrow.

Hopefully I can find something great to start off the new year....haven't really got out much so far....too cold and too much snow.

HH
 
Where do you live? Looks like you have some nice weather there. :headbang:
 
got bout a foot of snow on the ground here yet. It is raining lightly tonight and gonna rain all day tomorrow. It will be a while, but will be hittin the local ski hill as soon as that closes. Should be closed bout two weeks unless it rains alot then it will be closed sooner. It will be nice to be out in tshirts again swingin.
 
You're itching to go detecting?

Guess what the FedEx guy delivered to my home last night at 7:15 PM?

Yep, a brand new AT Pro and a Pro Pointer...:hello2:

I am so Jealous. I need Garrett to deliver some of the AT Pro Adventure to Big Boy Hobbies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom