What's new

Its a button but help with alittle more.

Maverick29

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I have been told about this button but I have not heard anything about the stuff on the front of the button. It is a black film that feels just like the back ide of the button. I have tried to clean it with the toothpick method from buckleboy but it is not coming off. The toothpick waers down but the black stuff doesnt come off. Any help would be greatful. Here are 2 pictures of the button after i have been cleaning it today. Thanks for any info and HH and Happy Holidays.
 

Attachments

  • mding 002.webp
    mding 002.webp
    135.1 KB · Views: 227
  • mding 003.webp
    mding 003.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 232
I know I have seen that backmark but I cant find anything.Try "google'Searching"Button backmark",the second one down is British Buttons,but I didnt see anything?If I remember correctly that button dates to the early 19th century.
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
I know I have seen that backmark but I cant find anything.Try "google'Searching"Button backmark",the second one down is British Buttons,but I didnt see anything?If I remember correctly that button dates to the early 19th century.

Agreed, incase you didn't realise 'double gilt' is the quality mark meaning it had two layers of gold plating.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom