What's new

Its a silver dime kind of day :)

sfox87

Jr. Member
Joined
May 21, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
northwest CT
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a silver dime kind of day :)

Hey everyone, went out detecting for a little while and found a bunch of cool stuff at 3 different sites. 2 coins, a flat button, a part of an old thermometer, and something i'm not sure what it is. I dug up an 1876 seated dime, it's in pretty bad shape but it's my first seated so i'm excited. I also dug a 1919 Mercury dime which is in beautiful shape :). I got a flat button that still has a little bit of gilt on the front and a shank on the back and says Haydens and Co best extra rich. While following a stream i found a piece of an old thermometer which is pretty neat. I also dug up a square pewter item that i'm not sure what it is, if anybody knows what it is it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking :)

photo (28).webpphoto (34).webpphoto (33).webpphoto (35).webpphoto (32).webpphoto (30).webpphoto (31).webpphoto (36).webpphoto (29).webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 10
nice finds!, who cares about the shape of the seated, a seated is a seated in my opinion!! way to go
 

The 'mystery' pewter relic is a very cool find! :thumbsup:
Congrats on the Seated and the Merc too!

Dave
 
Nice finds!! I also found a button like that recently, any idea as to how old it is? I figured mine was more modern based on the writing on back.
 
Wonderful dimes! :notworthy: If the decorative pewter thing will lie flat on a table, my wild guess is that maybe it was placed on an entrance table for people to place their calling cards in when they came to visit, back in those old-fashioned days when that calling card custom was "all the rage" with the "refined" crowd of humans. lol (I'm just laughing a lot at all us humans tonite, it was that kind of a day.) WELCOME TO T-NET & KEEP US POSTED ON WHAT YOU DIG NEXT! Andi
 
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds sfox87!
 
Nice finds!! I also found a button like that recently, any idea as to how old it is? I figured mine was more modern based on the writing on back.

Thanks! I think that mine is probably from the mid 1800's, but i may be wrong.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom