What's new

its a what?

dirty digger dude

Jr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
96
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
it's a what?

I thought this was just a nail and home made washer. I think it looks like a flame adjuster for a kerosine lamp. It says "ETERNIT".
 

Attachments

  • 55 d - Copy.webp
    55 d - Copy.webp
    50 KB · Views: 295
  • whatsit.webp
    whatsit.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 291
  • whatsit 2.webp
    whatsit 2.webp
    68 KB · Views: 287
Re: it's a what?

"Eternit" is a trademark for fibre cement. Fibre cement is often applied in building and construction materials, mainly in roofing and facade products because of its strength and durability. This item looks like a portion of the nail that is used to attach the product.
Don...
 
Upvote 0
Re: it's a what?

I agree with Mackaydon: think he has solved your mystery. Odd thing, I've found these before too, but never paid much attention to them. See them near stucco houses a lot.
 
Upvote 0
Re: it's a what?

They were used to hold shingles on houses.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom