halfdime
Silver Member
- Joined
- Oct 31, 2006
- Messages
- 4,520
- Reaction score
- 1,500
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Zelienople
- Detector(s) used
- White's XLT
Upvote
6
Very! According to one source, two varieties, 1000 each minted?Unusual find. It's a 30 drachma commemorative for the Marriage of King Constantine II of Greece to Princess Ann-Marie of Denmark in 1964. Not to be sniffed at though. It's 12g of .835 silver.
Very! According to one source, two varieties, 1000 each minted?
I have a huge catalog of World Coins that says 1000 of each, but that's hard to imagine. I'd believe a million any day; why bother to strike just 1000? A keeper in any case!Yes, two different varieties. One produced for Greece by the Konsberg Mint in Norway, and the other produced by the Bern Mint in Switzerland. One million of each produced though, not 1,000.
Yours is the Konsberg variety and catalogues no more than $10 in that condition.
I have a huge catalog of World Coins that says 1000 of each, but that's hard to imagine. I'd believe a million any day; why bother to strike just 1000? A keeper in any case!
How do you identify the different mints on this coin?Must be a misprint. These sites all agree on a mintage of a million for each of the two varieties:
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces7222.html
https://colnect.com/en/coins/coin/4...yal_Wedding-1964~1973_-_Constantine_II-Greece
https://www.numiscorner.com/product...drachmai-1964-kongsberg-au-50-53-silver-km-87
https://coinscatalog.net/greece/coi...stantine-and-anne-marie-wedding-km-87-kingdom
How do you identify the different mints on this coin?
