Wow! That was a terrific find!Road Dog said:I saw all Harry's Black Glass and I saw this at the Flea today and bought it for 4 bucks.

Using the descriptive terms from Roger Dumbrell's, UNDERSTANDING ANTIQUE WINE BOTTLES, I would call your bottle a "cylindrical" wine bottle, rather than a "squat cylinder". I think of these two forms as "tall cylinders" and "squat cylinders" to make the distinction clearer. Here's a comparison:Road Dog said:Atleast 4 bucks. It's a squat cylinder from 1790 give or take.
the bulge at the heel, tells me that the push-up was done after the cylinder was shaped on the marver plate. At that point the push-up could have been done with a molette or a push-up shaped piece on the edge of the marver plate. Creating the push-up spread the diameter of the heel, making it bulge like that. Red Mathews gave me that bit of info.
I'm sure Harry can give some more info on these types.
The diameter of your bottle at the base might be more important. I found Dumbrell's formula for distinguishing between cylinders and squat cylinders. Here it is:Road Dog said:Thanks Harry, No mold marks on this one. I'll measure the height when I get home.
It is about 9 3/4" tall.