What's new

Its always reeds

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,471
Reaction score
10,898
Golden Thread
0
If I had a dollar.... got these at the two sites I've been hitting lately. I actually have 4 more of them at work. I was thinking since my wife likes daisies , using theses as petals. I was going to make some art. I need something round for center.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9094.webp
    IMG_9094.webp
    1 MB · Views: 7
Upvote 3
Yes, they do seem to be very common to find in older yards.
 
Once upon a time, I rebuilt about 10 old pump organs. Reeds presented the hardest task in restoration, if you wanted them to sound correct. One given reed could take 10 minutes, and be right on frequency. Another may take a dozen rounds of soldering and/or filing to get it correct. Worse, they're one item you really can't just remake!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom