Its an IH new Years!!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
It's an IH new Year's!!

Tonight I"m stuck watching chick flicks with the wife, as she cuddles with me (I can handle that part. :) ) and we stay in. So, I've been unwrapping all the plastic pennies I can, and throwing them back into the box so I can go through them with the Ryedale over the next few days.

As I was opening them, I was looking at what fell out of the wrappers and pulling out some wheats. I still don't get many, but average about 6 per box.

Well, I opened a roll and dropped them into the box, and looked down, and saw an odd looking "one cent". I had hopes, but having found all SORTS of things in the rolls in the past I didn't recognize it right away. When i turned it over, there the indian was staring back at me. A 1900 INdian Head penny. COOL!

I'm not going to be counting what i have here tonight, but will do it in the next day or two. that means this will go on my 2008 tally. Not a bad way to start though. An INdian head ont he first day. Hopefully I'll find one on the first of EACH month, and have a great year for them. :-)

John

Upvote 0
Re: It's an IH new Year's!!

jrf30 said:
Tonight I"m stuck watching chick flicks with the wife, as she cuddles with me (I can handle that part. :) ) and we stay in. So, I've been unwrapping all the plastic pennies I can, and throwing them back into the box so I can go through them with the Ryedale over the next few days.

As I was opening them, I was looking at what fell out of the wrappers and pulling out some wheats. I still don't get many, but average about 6 per box.

Well, I opened a roll and dropped them into the box, and looked down, and saw an odd looking "one cent". I had hopes, but having found all SORTS of things in the rolls in the past I didn't recognize it right away. When i turned it over, there the indian was staring back at me. A 1900 INdian Head penny. COOL!

I'm not going to be counting what i have here tonight, but will do it in the next day or two. that means this will go on my 2008 tally. Not a bad way to start though. An INdian head ont he first day. Hopefully I'll find one on the first of EACH month, and have a great year for them. :-)

John

Nice finds on the IH. Only found 6 so far in 2007, but I just picked up more stuff today so hopefully I'll get another one to drop in my lap.

I am counting everything I pick up in 2007 on my 2007 tally even if I don't search it later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back