Its been a little while since...

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
...since we got a glimpse of a decent Rev War officers button!
Hey hey diggers!
It's been a hard minute since I caught a nice old button. Iron Patch and I finished our day at a site that Iron Patch found on a solo mission last fall. I noticed the tractor in the field early on my way to IPs and we found our way down that way this afternoon just as the farmer was pulling away. Just a discing today getting it ready for planting tomorrow...it was fluffy but we knew it would shake a few targets out from under the iron.
Finds were few but this winner was mine just before this field is cut off til the fall. Lots of fields planted now so we got lucky on this one but it is getting hard to find decent ground to detect with all the crops going in.
We pick on these old favorites just with the gameplan that theres one more good one to find...and today the plan came together.
The Kings American Regiment has an awesome history in the Rev War and we sure dont see enough of those great relics enough anymore..I'll have to get used to looking at this one for a while!
Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20230522_181902.jpg
    20230522_181902.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 18

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man that’s a great button. Congrats on saving an awesome piece of history.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about it but WOW that's a beaut of a button with history!!!!!!! Congratz...

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome button!!! Congrats!!! Would that button have had enamel/porcelain faced plus a gold guild to it? Is that the reason it survived this long in that condition? Thanks.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...since we got a glimpse of a decent Rev War officers button!
Hey hey diggers!
It's been a hard minute since I caught a nice old button. Iron Patch and I finished our day at a site that Iron Patch found on a solo mission last fall. I noticed the tractor in the field early on my way to IPs and we found our way down that way this afternoon just as the farmer was pulling away. Just a discing today getting it ready for planting tomorrow...it was fluffy but we knew it would shake a few targets out from under the iron.
Finds were few but this winner was mine just before this field is cut off til the fall. Lots of fields planted now so we got lucky on this one but it is getting hard to find decent ground to detect with all the crops going in.
We pick on these old favorites just with the gameplan that theres one more good one to find...and today the plan came together.
The Kings American Regiment has an awesome history in the Rev War and we sure dont see enough of those great relics enough anymore..I'll have to get used to looking at this one for a while!
Enjoy!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread