It's been a while for a GOOD BOX in Dimes

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up 3-dime boxes last Sat. First box a skunk, second box 1-Rosie. But the third box flipped me for a loop. Managed to pull 7 silvers, of which 3 as Mercs: 1917-? badly worn, 1936-p, 1941-d; and 4-Rosies ( of which was a 1958 in AU-BU condition). That ones going in a 2x2 flip for sure. The most in a box this year has been 4, so this is a new level to shoot for, and far better than a skunk.
Many of my banks are getting rid of their coin counting machines, so it's going to be a little tough to reroll & return dime boxes. I think the coin shortage is over in my area, many of my banks are willing to order for me. I think we are ALL creating our own demise and dwindling the silver that we all seek. Sooner or later it will be an extremely rare find to catch a silver coin at all, especially now that there's talk of silver going to hit $30/oz., and possibly $50 by year end. I'm still in for the long haul with my stack.
Everybody staying or leaving the hobby?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing what places are selling silver coins for I'm still into the hunt but I'm going smart/ efficient as I can. I'm only going to close banks that are en route. I miss the days of just driving around hitting everywhere. Some banks are still closed or have weird rules and long waits- call first etc. Its not quite back. Plus I'm noticing lots of tellers are into the hunt, like way more than before. When you give out cwrs that are securely taped shut and then get rolls with the tape cut open hanging off and disheveled , hmmm. Terrible. I'm not finding much but if I'm able to do it on lunch break and not get fired its all good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions