Its getting old . . .

Digginitdaily

Apr 24, 2023
So since summer has set in, everyone knows how hot it is and how hot it can be throughout the day. The way I've learned to beat the heat is by changing my hunting times. My ADD doesn't allow me to function well early in the morning and well, let's face it, if we got up at 6, left at 7 and arrived at 8 ish depending upon traffic then we'd have a 2 maybe 3 hour window to hunt before Satan decides to pee on us. Therefore I wait til 6 or 7 in the evening and hunt at night. That happens to be one reason. The other is most hobbyist work a 8 hr or more work day during the week and I couldn't tell you how many times I've been hunting in broad daylight when it's closing time, only to show up yhe next day with holes and plugs popped up all over the ground. So if I hunt at night I have a better chance of not being seen by fellow hunters. The only problem with this scenario is the fact that people can't seem to mind their own business. And I'm guaranteed to say hello to local law enforcement at least 4 out of 7 days a week. It's not that I'm doing anything wrong or have anything to hide but the fact that I have to stop what I'm doing and they have more important things to worry about besides a single guy minding his own business swinging and metal detector. I can always tell when they're going to be called because the same care will pass by real slow almost immediately after passing the first time. On a positive note though, I never thought I'd be friends with so many cops lol

During the scorching summer, changing hunting times to evenings due to personal preferences and work schedules is a smart way to avoid extreme heat and crowded hunting spots.
That's my thought exactly. It's just frustrating. It'd be different if the folks actually owned the property or even stopped and said "what's up man, everything alright?" Not only can I deal with that but I can respect it also. It's the nosey people who blindly call law enforcement knowing good and well the city has more to worry about than someone who isn't trying to hide or be secretive. I've explained to almost all the police that this is what I do and how I make a living and theyre cool with it. Until cooler weather hits, I'm on 3rd shift lol

So since summer has set in, everyone knows how hot it is and how hot it can be throughout the day. The way I've learned to beat the heat is by changing my hunting times. My ADD doesn't allow me to function well early in the morning and well, let's face it, if we got up at 6, left at 7 and arrived at 8 ish depending upon traffic then we'd have a 2 maybe 3 hour window to hunt before Satan decides to pee on us. Therefore I wait til 6 or 7 in the evening and hunt at night. That happens to be one reason. The other is most hobbyist work a 8 hr or more work day during the week and I couldn't tell you how many times I've been hunting in broad daylight when it's closing time, only to show up yhe next day with holes and plugs popped up all over the ground. So if I hunt at night I have a better chance of not being seen by fellow hunters. The only problem with this scenario is the fact that people can't seem to mind their own business. And I'm guaranteed to say hello to local law enforcement at least 4 out of 7 days a week. It's not that I'm doing anything wrong or have anything to hide but the fact that I have to stop what I'm doing and they have more important things to worry about besides a single guy minding his own business swinging and metal detector. I can always tell when they're going to be called because the same care will pass by real slow almost immediately after passing the first time. On a positive note though, I never thought I'd be friends with so many cops lol

Use the cop situation to your advantage , maybe they will let you hunt their yard or know some people who will. Might be some great places otherwise you would never have known about it. Networking just like a business lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back