What's new

Its my birthday... Dug Silver, Wheats, and a DRAPED BUST CENT!!!

FooserPaul

Hero Member
Joined
May 9, 2008
Messages
777
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Well what a day....

Today I turned 49... It started off with my wife and daughter cooking me breakfast :-)

I had a place set up to detect at but he was not going to be home until noon.... so I headed to a local school that has been yielding silver....

wheatsthree.jpg


I started with clad... then hit a spot with old dirt... 1 wheaty... then a 2nd.... then I got a nice signal that I was sure was silver....

I thought it was a dime.... But I"ll take a ring :-)

RinginPlug.jpg


ring.jpg


925.jpg


So I head north and meet up with the home owner... He shows me around then explains it was built in the 20's (as he had explained before) so I was hoping for a nice silver day.... he then adds... that it was a foundry before that and he has unearthed tons a slag in the gardens and such... doh!


I well... lets see what we have... its 2 acres... can't be slag everywhere right ??

Well the front yard was a completly scilent on my detector... all descriminated out.... not a good sign...

I head to the side and along the driveway and start to get some clear areas and hit new clad and memorials...

Then there is a 13/45 signal @ 3-4" ... and I was expect a memorial...

copperout.jpg


I was not expecting:

bustfresh.jpg


I can barely make out 180???

drapedfront.jpg


drapedback.jpg


I came home to my favorite meal... hugs and kisses from the family and some nice gifts...

Happy Hunting!
Paul
 
Upvote 0
Excellent, that would make my birthday. Nice score on the copper! Happy Birthday, by the way. :icon_thumright:
 
Love the draped bust! Congrats
 
Sounds like you had a great birthday. Nice old LC..looks like an 1800 to me too. No idea what slag is. Glad it was a good one!
 
Happy birthday and Congrats on the cool finds! :thumbsup:


Good luck,
HH.
 
Great early find, congratulations!!

Slag is such a scourge. You know there just has to be something good lurking in it, though. :D

HH,
Rusted

BTW, Happy Birthday!!
 
congrats on some stellar finds!
 
Nice going on the draped bust. That looks like the kind of light corrosion that will clean up well if you use Don's technique (the peroxide, toothbrush, wax, etc.). Nice bold drapery! Can't wait to see it cleaned. :icon_thumleft:
 
With finds like that its got to be your Birthday, congratulations :thumbsup:
 
Happy B-day dude! Gave yourself an aawesome copper present aswell.
 
Well a old Large Cent on your Birthday ,now that is special!!!!!!

Happy Birthday,

Bubba65
 
Happy Birthday and many more to come.
 
wHAT A nice gift :occasion18:....I found an 1818 Large Cent on my birthday. It was a very nice present likewise.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom