What's new

Its Not Fair

mlayers

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
5,579
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had weather in the high 40's yesterday and nearly all the snow is gone. So this morning I got up early and headed out it was in the 30's today. I went to the park to swing the detector around. I got a good hit at 4 inches saying a dime. My digging trowel will not get past a inch in the ground still frozen. So I left it for another day. Went on swing the detector another solid hit penny at 2 inches the same thing in this area frozen ground. So I went to the other side of the park and same thing there. So I packed up and went to the school yard and the ground is frozen there also. So it is not fair all this great weather but the ground will not is saying no for detecting right now. So maybe by next weekend it will be ready for us up here in the north....Matt
 
Well, if I go out and dig through the two feet of snow here, the ground is still frozen, too.
 
Hmmm, 68 here today but it was so darn cloudy. Monty
 
That's what cabin fever will do to ya. . . the woods would be a safe bet until the major thaw.

Take care,
watercolor
 
I went out today as well. Got 1/2 dozen memorial cents a modern quarter. I had three full pocket dumps of pull tabs, beer caps, and partial cans. I found the taller the grass the easier it was to dig. Hopefully you get a thaw soon!
 
Hey M,
You have to cut through about two to three inches of frozen ground, then it's soft dirt. But I wouldn't recommend it in the park, kind of hard to cut and restore a frozen chunk of ground to decent shape.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom