It’s really over now

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Killed the drought last night with a ‘47 Rosie, so I thought I’d press my luck and go to my permission that’s been coughing up coppers and Indians like crazy. I went to the area where I got my last KGII on Thursday, the grass was wet so I thought I would grid a small 40x40 yard area. I dug a couple memorials, a nickel, clad dime and the usual farm field stuff then I got a very deep (10”) 19-20 on my Nox, just a little peep ( my wife says that, I have no idea what she means🤔) anyway, cut my giant plug and chased around this little beauty, a bucket lister for me, a wiped 1784 1/2 Reale, that made my day for sure, I’ve been looking for one of these little f****rs for a long time. Anyway, the drought is officially over (I hope).

Attachments

• 72DFB811-237D-492F-BAEE-87AAB5404923.jpeg
    72DFB811-237D-492F-BAEE-87AAB5404923.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • AB9B8DCB-81E2-4061-B002-25FE48E9370F.jpeg
    AB9B8DCB-81E2-4061-B002-25FE48E9370F.jpeg
    714.8 KB · Views: 80
  • F6566613-655D-44A0-BC10-73B1BC1E62AA.jpeg
    F6566613-655D-44A0-BC10-73B1BC1E62AA.jpeg
    744.6 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 41
Nice one! I've been waiting this post from you for a while! I had a 5 month silver draught earlier this year. That stunk. I broke it with a 5 silver week but still no spanish.

Congrats on the Spanish silver. That is high on my bucket list. You sure have been killing it lately. Keep it up.

Nice one! I've been waiting this post from you for a while! I had a 5 month silver draught earlier this year. That stunk. I broke it with a 5 silver week but still no spanish.
All of September was silverless (coins) for me, I did find a very old topless sterling thimble and a really really really ugly sterling ring. I hope things change, I have a nice colonial spot I want to hit as the weather gets cooler, it’s a mile and a half in and out with brutal hilly trails. I was in there in august and got so newer silver, all barber, dime, quarter and half right on the trails and we didn’t even touch the old fields.

Congratulations you got your Half Real! That's a truly special feeling to see one of those little shiny coins in the hole! :thumbsup:

All of September was silverless (coins) for me, I did find a very old topless sterling thimble and a really really really ugly sterling ring. I hope things change, I have a nice colonial spot I want to hit as the weather gets cooler, it’s a mile and a half in and out with brutal hilly trails. I was in there in august and got so newer silver, all barber, dime, quarter and half right on the trails and we didn’t even touch the old fields.
Nice! Silver is silver. I'm going to hit a place where in the spring I got a couple matrons and a hard times token pretty soon (hoping for at least a seated) and I just found a place that I'm DYING to get permission to... a farm of 7-800 acres with a bare minimum of ten sites from 1820s-30s to late 1800s. Was that half reale your first Spanish silver or have you dug em before?

Last edited:
Nice! Silver is silver. I'm going to hit a place where in the spring I got a couple matrons and a hard times token pretty soon (hoping for at least a seated) and I just found a place that I'm DYING to get permission to... a farm of 7-800 acres with a bare minimum of ten sites from 1820s-30s to late 1800s. Was that half reale your first Spanish silver or have you dug em before?
Nope, never dug any Spanish, I’ve been with plenty of people and watched them dig them, but not me unfortunately.

Congratulations Joe, always nice to check one off the list, and those little silvers are the hardest to find. Hope your drought is over, coming into the best season for detecting here in Mass

Congrats on your first Reale, getting any first is always a great day of digging.
I got my first one this past season also.

Congrats on your Spanish Real, I sure do miss finding great finds like yours. I have a very promising hunt coming up in a few days, my quest for early American silver is what is on my bucket list

That beauty's an official streak ender- Congrats!

Awesome hunt the droughts dont last long usually. Hope your next hunt is just as good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back