What's new

Ive got war nickels and Ive got canadians, but

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got war nickels and I've got canadians, but

I've never gotten a canadian war nickel! Totally surprised, would have thought it would have been pulled out years ago, such a beautiful coin too. Also, bank gave me some old bills. 1934 C $10, 1950 A $10, 1950 B $20, all worth keeping.

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3345.webp
    IMG_3345.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_3346.webp
    IMG_3346.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 0
Re: I've got war nickels and I've got canadians, but

Very cool!

Canadian war nick... who woulda thunk it!

~Dave
 
Re: I've got war nickels and I've got canadians, but

Very Nice! War nicks are always fun, but this take it to a whole new level!! :thumbsup:
Just wondering, how did you acquire those old bills? Does the bank really go through all the bills regularly? Or just a teller held them for you.
 
Re: I've got war nickels and I've got canadians, but

First canadian war nickel I have seen on Tnet thus far. Great Grab.

-Golden Silver
 
Re: I've got war nickels and I've got canadians, but

I always ask if they have old bills, they say no, then I ask them to hold on to any if they see them...payed off for the second time now

HH
-GC
 
Re: I've got war nickels and I've got canadians, but

Very cool stuff - Congrats!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: I've got war nickels and I've got canadians, but

nice find. I picked up one of those many years ago, :thumbsup:
 
Re: I've got war nickels and I've got canadians, but

Is that a silver coin as well then?
 
Re: I've got war nickels and I've got canadians, but

nope

HH
-GC
 
Re: I've got war nickels and I've got canadians, but

the last silver canadian nickel was called a five cent silver and was minted in 1920 I think. During World War Two they took nickel out of there nickels for the war effort and replaced it with something called TOMBAC which looks like yellow brass when its UNC. siegfried schlagrule
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom