Ive never seen a religious pendant quite like this one...

GavinoGambino

Oct 14, 2014
Twin Cities
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this in the yard of a school house built in 1860. Ive never seen a pendant like this one and im wondering if anyone has any info on the year this was made and what exactly the image on the front side of the pendant is. Not sure the type of metal it is made of but it is flaking pretty heavily and a gold coloring is still present on top of the base metal. IMG_0044.JPG IMG_0043.JPG IMG_0045.JPG

The back reads (as i can transcribe):

II

"Thou shalt not
take the name of
the lord thy
god in vain"

Obviously this is one of the ten commandments but i have never seen such an image as the one depicted on the front of this pendant. Any help appreciated! -Gavin

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
Upvote 1

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The raised image is a hard one, may be the two stone tables of the Ten Commandments, but it almost looks like the "imprint' of Jesus' face from the "Shroud of Turin..." Interesting mystery, for sure, Sub 8-)

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the metal to be pewter or some type of cheap pot metal. I think this was a charm from a 10 commandments charm bracelet. looking at pictures of others I've found online, they usually had the commandment on one side and a related picture on the other. although very hard to make out, I believe the picture to be the stone tablets in the back ground and a man in the foreground his head being in the center, with his arm raised and a serpent above his head. very much like the one in this picture 20030.3L.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread