J W Fishers

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just curious about these expensive P.I. detectors. They may not be very popular among recreational detectorists due to their price or is it that they aren't designed to locate gold jewelry and single coins. I can't find any videos of them being used searching for jewelry in or out of the water. Are they designed for law enforcement for firearm recovery and other larger items? Do you need headphones underwater? Are they neutral buoyant? Is it easy to keep the coil parallel to the bottom while detecting. My old Whites DF is a total PITA in the water and I'm not gonna drown the Nox 800 again. I'm gonna ask if I can "special order" a Blu3 Nomad with a 10 ft. hose because the larger capacity compressor will deliver air at 10 ft. depth more easily than the Nemo model at the same depth. It should be as easy as breathing using scuba gear. If J W Fisher P.I. is unrealistic, I could order the Nokta Pulse Dive for short money. I have cured Couchpotatoisis syndrome and am eager to get back out there. Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with PI is they see every tiny piece of iron, if you are hunting a clean beach with little iron trash then it isn't a problem, but if you are hunting a dirty beach with lots of pieces of iron it can be a problem.

Reactions: ARC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread