Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was cruising around the streets today after an awesome day of fun and adventure when fate decided to give me a ton of money just for the heck of it! In a dumpster in front of an old house being sold I found two big cases of sealed Polaroid 600 film! I can't even begin to explain how expensive and desirable original/obsolete Polaroid 600 film is! Finding this film is literally impossible and artists are willing to pay a fortune for it! I expect to sell each 20 count blue box on ebay for between $30-$35 each (ebay trends $35 each) and every 10 Count white box for $15-$17 each (Ebay trends $17.99 each)! There are 73 white boxes and 30 blue boxes - that's $2,300 in film! See, not all treasure is silver and gold!

Just to prove to you all this find's insane value here is a link to an auction currently on ebay for a single 10 pack of Polaroid 600 film, the pack expired 11 years ago and yet people are still willing to pay a great deal of money for it: Polaroid 600 Color Instant Film ISO 640 10 Exposures Expired 12 2004 074100066020 | eBay

The 20-Pack Blue Boxes ($35 each):
20150820_012353.jpg 20150820_012149.jpg

The 10-pack White boxes ($17 each), (first pic as I dug them out of dumpster [AKA the urban treasure chest]), second pic is them all arranged "nicely":
20150820_004218.jpg 20150820_012215.jpg

One of the many other neat things I found tonight:
20150820_012228.jpg 20150820_012308.jpg

I found other amazing things tonight too but no time to post all the pics right now, will post later though. Finds included 2 immaculate condition Wolverine Metal doll houses, original Jurassic Park toys, York weights and barbells, amazing history books (even one about lost civilizations and lost treasure I s#14 you not), and a whole bunch of other neat things, can't wait for tomorrow! :tongue3:

Upvote 27

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding and valuable save you have there. I believe this find qualifies for the banner based on the finders knowledge of what he had and the total value of the find. Congratulations!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to quit your job and do this full time. Lol Awesome score!!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
They've already said it all! Woo-Hoo! :occasion16::wav::occasion16:
Your posts are so much fun & this time the hilarious added dumpster pics by several posting here :laughing7:. Andu

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, New York City must be the world's best dumpster diving place. If you did that full time you could make a good income!

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is said that by taking pictures of landscape with that film you can find gold and silver deposits, there's a thread on here somewhere.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find as usual

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Nice find UM! I know very little about camera film and even less about storage of such items, but your find did prompt me to think about a couple things. If this film is expired, I realize it may still work (and apparently it does as people pay top dollar if they can find it) but how do you know its still viable? I ask because as I understand it when these pictures are taken using this film, a packet is popped and chemicals are spread over the film to help make the image. My understanding is that without proper storage (I hear folks sometimes put them into freezers to help extend life, etc.) these chemicals can dry up and make the film useless whether in the original containers or not.

Second, speaking of those containers, I see that the cartridge containing this 600 film has its own battery that can die over time and apparently render the film useless and/or you'd have to replace the battery/cartridge which probably is cost prohibitive to do?

As this item was found outside in condition I assume are in line with what a film can tolerate (no rain, not too hot, not exposed to the elements for more than few hours until you found it?) I'm hoping that all the film is in usable condition?

Like I said, those TNET super dooper photographers will be able to answer these questions and I certainly hope they equate to painting UnderMiner's pockets in the end!

Great find man.

Fletch78

Aug 1, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Currently Minelab Gp Extreme, MINELAB GT, American Gold Striker , and Sovereign Elite ! PREVIOUSLY Explorer XS, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Strike, , Whites XLT, Whites DFX, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I need to back off on my Mother-in-law. She dumpster dives so much, she looks like she could live in one !!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow. good look on your sales! Hope you make a fortune off that stuff

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pulled an old cannon camera in a box out of the trash yesterday. I have yet to see if it works or is salable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread