What's new

Jackson

Joe G from Md

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
618
Reaction score
1,637
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This looks like an interesting College, what do you think Possum Cop!
 

Attachments

  • 039.webp
    039.webp
    700.3 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
Not hijacking your post, but I'm a fan.IMG_20190224_103936.webpIMG_20190224_103936.webp
 
Didn't mean to double post pic's. Oops.
 
I just read about the incident where he was shot. He went on night patrol with 19 men. On the way back in, the pickets thought they were Union cavalry and opened fire. Five men were killed instantly, another five including Jackson were wounded and died later. Another four were wounded but survived. They must have been fired on by dozen pickets or more. Jackson died several days later. Gary
 
Thank God its malaria free!! :tongue3:
 
Just think, with just a packet of antibiotics, Jackson would have lived

I would have liked to see him operate at gettysburg
 
Pretty cool, I just stayed in Abingdon for almost a week but had no idea about this .... they don’t have much for info to let you know what’s around there looks like it would be neat to visit.
I like “ building lighted with electricity”
 
Just think, with just a packet of antibiotics, Jackson would have lived

I would have liked to see him operate at gettysburg
Me too Jeff. I believe if Stone Wall had lived to lead his troops at Gettysburg, that this battle may have had a different outcome. General Lee had made the statement that had Gen. Jackson been at Gettysburg, on July 1st, when the Federals were being routed through town, that Jackson would have pushed their army not letting up until they were completely routed through and from the town of Gettysburg. Unfortunately for the Army of Northern Virginia, the great Stone Wall was gone. Gen. Ewell after his troops were pushing the Federals, seized their action as the darkness began to set in. I always felt as many have that there was a misunderstanding in Gen. Lee's orders. Gen. Lee ordered the high ground taken if practical. I guess Gen. Dwell didn't think it practical. Gen. Ewell made the statement sometime later that "It took quite a few mistakes to lose this battle (Gettysburg), and I myself having made most of them."
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom