What's new

Jade Vietnam war bring back?

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking that may be a piece of carved jade
 
With a 1968 mothers war medallion

Yeah I guess prob not lol
My bad duh
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool finds! When I went to Vietnam Mama cried. Dad took out an insurance policy, I think he already had a new fishing boat picked out!! Ha, Ha
 
Upvote 0
The etched pendant is a Chinese feng shui piece - love ducks (because ducks mate for life). Crudely carved. I'd say a street vendor item. The tassel is also feng shui. I don't see Vietnam in the piece. But who is to say that it wasn't purchased there... :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
The peddlers would set up outside the main gates of a military base. It was amazing, They had about anything a GI could want!!
The etched pendant is a Chinese feng shui piece - love ducks (because ducks mate for life). Crudely carved. I'd say a street vendor item. The tassel is also feng shui. I don't see Vietnam in the piece. But who is to say that it wasn't purchased there... :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I think it's Chinese. A tourist novelty item for love, prosperity or whatever else?
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys appreciate it
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom