What's new

Jan 20th ~ Nice Relics From The Old Country Store Site

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got chance Sunday to return to the old store site that I've been hunting for the past month or so. It has been productive and fun to hunt but its a 30 mile round trip for me so I have to be selective when I go. This trip was fun but very cold/windy and the field still had standing water in places from an inch of rain the day before ... didn't find but one coin (a wheat cent) on this trip but had good luck on small relics: my first thimble, a 1921 dog tax tag from my county, an old cartoon character pin (anyone know this character?), a tie clasp? (not for sure), a piece of play money?, a large button?, a lead seal?, and a couple of other whatzit relics ... Thanks for looking ~ Jimmy!
 

Attachments

  • PaulJonesStoreSite.webp
    PaulJonesStoreSite.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 705
  • Jan20th08PaulJonesStore.webp
    Jan20th08PaulJonesStore.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 704
  • TyrrellCoDogTaxTag.webp
    TyrrellCoDogTaxTag.webp
    98.2 KB · Views: 696
  • TyrrellCoDogTaxTag2.webp
    TyrrellCoDogTaxTag2.webp
    99.3 KB · Views: 682
  • CartoonPin.webp
    CartoonPin.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 691
  • UnknownrelicPaulJonesStore.webp
    UnknownrelicPaulJonesStore.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 681
  • UnknownrelicPaulJonesStore2.webp
    UnknownrelicPaulJonesStore2.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 675
  • Thimble.webp
    Thimble.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 608
Upvote 0
Nice finds Jim. I've found a couple thimbles, still have them although I don't know why I'm keeping them. Looks like a nice batch of old stuff!
 
I agree with snook on Eugene the Jeep. Cool little critter on Popeye. I think the KP item is form the Knights of Pythias fraternal order.

Great site.

Old_Okie
 
The pin is absolutely Eugene the Jeep. No question about it. Very obvious to this old timer.
 
Hey Snook, Ole Okie, & Silver finder ... thanks for the ID on Eugene the Jeep from Popeye ... you're right on target.
Also Ole Okie ... I think you're on the right track with the K P tie pin thing ... I googled Knights of Pythias and they have been around since 1864 and even today offer jewelry and such for sale ... some of which comes close to the design on the tie clasp.
Hey Bottle Cap ... it's cold as heck here ... I almost froze this past Sunday when I hunted this old store site ... what happened to you ... I thought we might get chance to swap THing stories.
 
Nice finds!!!! WTG!!
 
Nice finds! I always love the dog tags.

Cheers and HH,
Bman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom