Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is this: some say it's for ammo, is this true?

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

Last edited:
writing is rubbed off blurred but the top pic: "92 style gun cover '' middle pic: " showa(era) eighteen tokyo daichi 1st army"

Upvote 0
I know when my brother was in the Army he had grease type face paint to camouflage himself that came in a container like that, not same era probably but the canister looks close to that.

Upvote 0
writing is rubbed off blurred but the top pic: "92 style gun cover '' middle pic: " showa(era) eighteen tokyo daichi 1st army"

I think angelito1 is putting us on the right track. "Cover" may be a strict translation of the kanji character but have a slightly different meaning in context.

I'm guessing a little but the canister seems about the right size for a Type 92 HMG flash suppressor.

type 92 flash suppressor.JPG

Upvote 0
Good ideas but I still think it's for ammo but heck what the hell do I know. Lol

Upvote 0
Not seing anything that would link it to ammo. Maybe a cleaning kit holder(?)

WWII Japanese ammo was loose in wood cases/cartons or large "SPAM" cans, cartons of five round stripper clips, or 30 round machine gun strips. The soldiers carried two, three or four 30 round leather pouches with six five-round stripper clips in each.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking that paper doesn't go with the container.
Just to the right of the stamp, do you notice the two long creases ?

Ammo.jpg

Ammo1.jpg

Ammo2.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back