Japanese Face

Meeshlay

Apr 26, 2016
Oakland, Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I found this in San Francisco. I was curious what it is and if it is work anything. It is about 4" x 4" and the material feels like ceramic.

Thank you in advance for the help!
FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is all I can say about that item.

Himered

Aug 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I found this in San Francisco. I was curious what it is and if it is work anything. It is about 4" x 4" and the material feels like ceramic.

Thank you in advance for the phen 375 reviews help!
View attachment 1305223 View attachment 1305224 View attachment 1305223 View attachment 1305224

i think you found an artifact that was originated from one of the asian countries like japan, china or malaysia. if that was a hundred years of age or more, that was considered as a treasure and you can donate it in a museum and be placed on their archives. you did find a treasure. awesome!

Last edited:

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't tell you much about it but it looks interesting. To me, it appears to have been made by pressing clay into a negative mold (making a positive form in the clay). The back of it appears uneven and sunken, hinting at this method. If it was a one of a kind sculpture or carving, I would expect the back to be flat or smooth. A good place to start your research would be to get the inscriptions and seals translated. With better pics, there might even be someone on this forum who could help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread