Japanese treasure marker HELP

grues0me

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2024
Hi forum,
is here anyone who could give me his opinion about some alleged japanese treasure markers from ww2?
I have found a thousand symbols online, many of them contradict each other. Also some crazy weird videos
of professional "pointer" who see a marker in every friggin scratch on a rock.

Background: the area is an ex airport of the japanese army from ww2 now in private possesion. On the property are many big
rocks and one especially has many markers on it. Its a HUGE rock, tested to be natural with acid, so no concrete. Detector found of course thousand of nails, wire pieces etc on the property. Rock south and east side excavated around 1.5m, first soil then big rock chunks, some give me a metal sign (ferrous) thats why we dug deeper just to find out the bigger rocks seem to be magnetic.

Of course there are stories, one old japanese guy seemed to visit often and went towards sunrise from the big rock, but who knows if the story is true. I leave some pictures of the markers, keep in mind that the owners tried to scratch them out because they felt uncomfortable by the attention the rock got.

Attachments

• 1709718948115.jpg
    1709718948115.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 1709718948107.jpg
    1709718948107.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1709718948140.jpg
    1709718948140.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 1709718948132.jpg
    1709718948132.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 1709718948136.jpg
    1709718948136.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 1709718948126.jpg
    1709718948126.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 1709718948120.jpg
    1709718948120.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
OP
OP
G

grues0me

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2024
Seeking opinions on alleged Japanese treasure markers from World War II found on a former Japanese army airport property, the owner discovered symbols on a large natural rock. Despite stories and anecdotes, caution is advised, and interpretations should consider geological factors. The rock, tested as natural, exhibited ferrous materials and magnetic properties. The owners, feeling uncomfortable due to attention, tried to scratch out the symbols. To gain insights, consulting local historians, archaeologists, or experts knowledgeable about the historical context of the Japanese army's activities in the area is recommended for a thorough investigation.
The property belongs to our family. The Japanese army was here in the mountains entrenched in a last stand against the US for 6 weeks, maps available. Excavating the rock 2 meters around didn't yield anything except a highly rusted metal piece and magnetic rocks.

May I ask your competence? Not to insult you but this sounds like a bot answer... Checking your profile also.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You probably didn't get any replies because there is nothing in pictures that reveal anything other than scratches that could be from anything.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course I cannot say for certain, but COULD those faint marks on a large rock be from being moved with say a dozer?, being where an airfield had been cleared and built.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Alleged markers.
Alright. Let's dig into the "alleged" part!
What fact do you have treasure is related to the site? Not that there was human activity , but actual treasure cached somewhere.

History has a struggle at wars end there.
Can I make assumptions?
IF I was tasked with making a treasure disappear it would dependon what that tresure was.
A rare painting I'm not going to hide in the water. Yes it might be a good spot if deep and cloudy enough.

Gold in wartime? Boy oh boy. Why does it seem to get buried in so many" allegeds?"
First off , are we going to be able to recover it?
Secondly , who is in charge of what becomes of it? (We want to know before assuming it's near the airfield or a chosen rock.)
Bring it to me if I'm in charge of it. Otherwise sleep on it. That means buried under your blanket. Not ten feet deep. Not twenty feet deep. Inches deep. But you know if anyone is trying to move it.
Did you check where troop commanders slept? Officers?

It was wartime.
How are things looking? Bright future?
You bored or terrified or does that depend on the hour?
Men have scratched on rocks since men were among rocks.
I may die soon but by golly I'm going to leave my mark before I do. I was here.

Have you seen this mark?
kilroy-nevada-state-journal-25-august-1945.jpg

OP
OP
G

grues0me

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2024
Of course I cannot say for certain, but COULD those faint marks on a large rock be from being moved with say a dozer?, being where an airfield had been cleared and built.
Realistic, how is this a scratch mark by a dozer?
Alleged markers.
What fact do you have treasure is related to the site? Not that there was human activity , but actual treasure cached somewhere.

Can I make assumptions?
IF I was tasked with making a treasure disappear it would dependon what that tresure was.
A rare painting I'm not going to hide in the water. Yes it might be a good spot if deep and cloudy enough.

Gold in wartime? Boy oh boy. Why does it seem to get buried in so many" allegeds?"
Secondly , who is in charge of what becomes of it? (We want to know before assuming it's near the airfield or a chosen rock.)
Bring it to me if I'm in charge of it. Otherwise sleep on it. That means buried under your blanket. Not ten feet deep. Not twenty feet deep. Inches deep. But you know if anyone is trying to move it.

It was wartime.

Have you seen this mark?
OK I know where you're going. I am not one of those "this looks like a fish, so there is a treasure in the river" I see markant marks, maybe not the x or the H but the others don't look like by a dozer.

Alleged. Yep. People say there was a Japanese guy coming over the years, moving from the rock towards sunrise. Plus the rock has many signs on it. I don't know which were made by people over the years. I just found the ones under the ground level distinct and strange.

Of course locals say there may be a treasure 20 yards east but to be honest I ask here for the opinions not to invest anymore gasoline.

There have been confirmed finds here I wouldn't bother putting this on here. This is the Philippines and this location was one of the evocation points when the US cut the sealine to Japan.

But yes all is relative. We know there was a box of gold bars found East of here. We saw photos. That's why I ask if anyone may acknowledge the meaning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

grues0me

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2024
Alleged markers.

Can I make assumptions?

It was wartime.

Have you seen this mark?
And sir, you are very salty. Can't you just comment if you have any idea about those markings? Who are you that you know the signs sir? I have seen boxes trapped by landmines excavated by the marcos regime 200km from here.

There are maps from the US invasion struggling to throw off the entrenched Japanese army for weeks from this slot. I have lists of inventory of raids from Indonesia and Korea. And the final stand of them. I have written reports they had to leave everything behind.

Yet you blabla about irrelevant things. React to this or leave it. Don't try to lecture me I have a Bachelor of Science, degree in Anthropology, don't lecture me about writings on a wall.

What is the data you base on sir?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gruesome, you asked for members opinions, and complained no one replied, then some members gave you some opinions, revelentchair gave you his opinion too.

The marks are alleged treasure signs only because someone said they might be, there is nothing really there to read.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And sir, you are very salty. Can't you just comment if you have any idea about those markings? Who are you that you know the signs sir? I have seen boxes trapped by landmines excavated by the marcos regime 200km from here.

There are maps from the US invasion struggling to throw off the entrenched Japanese army for weeks from this slot. I have lists of inventory of raids from Indonesia and Korea. And the final stand of them. I have written reports they had to leave everything behind.

Yet you blabla about irrelevant things. React to this or leave it. Don't try to lecture me I have a Bachelor of Science, degree in Anthropology, don't lecture me about writings on a wall.

What is the data you base on sir?
Did you take any pictures of the mined boxes?
Enough to disclose thier contents perhaps?

Ahh the Philippines.
Where everyone has a treasure story of a local gold loot cache. But mysteriously , also empty pockets. As if Yamashitas men were wixzards and could dig to China if need be to hide a treasure.
Hoe deep were the mined boxes? Who placed them there? Oh but you saw mined boxes. Nevermind the hows or whys. Or that you touched no gold.

Ya. we've all heard your story of the gold. How much gold has your anthropology put in your pocket? So much that you are here asking about treasure signs?
We didn't leave the signs. Nor did we teach Yama &Co. how to scratch on rocks to indicate the hiding place of treasure ; for later following want to be anthropologists treasure hunters to recover instead of Japanese.. You know human history from your education? Then you'll know Japan could use any hidden gold after the war in which it was alleged to have been hidden all over.. And given there are alleged signs scratched on rocks , why would any gold /treasure remain today? Because of you seeing boxes but not gold?

Find the facts.
Unproven stories have not produced for you.
So you come here to fish for secrets and then get offended when no one tells you what symbol means gold here over there?

IF you were clever , you might have noted the site you inquire of has been well picked over.
And that Yama shita wasn't looking to leave you any sign of where he would put gold.
But then, you obviously apply my reply to your inquiry , did you?
Instead you squawk.
Well , go squawk at a rock then. See if it has a better answer for you.

This kind of crap is what keeps people insisting there's hidden treasure there.
You want to buy a chart of symbols used to hide treasure in the Philippines? I can make you one to buy. Then what? You won't dig soon enough. Or deep enough. Or in just right place. Only feet away though!
Or you'll trigger the safety device that plunges the treasure a mile deep or launches it into outer space. Or you misinterpreted the /a symbol. Or you didn't follow the symbols just right.
what you'll do is follow umpteen hundreds of suckers hoping to stumble on treasure based on....Stories and scratches on rocks.
Fed by fake stories tales and video "evidence".
Did you see gold in the mined boxes you "saw"?

Marcos!
Add them to Japan hiding treasure , how can you not find gold your first shovelful of dirt?
Or at least a fancy pair of shoes....

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Realistic, how is this a scratch mark by a dozer?

OK I know where you're going. I am not one of those "this looks like a fish, so there is a treasure in the river" I see markant marks, maybe not the x or the H but the others don't look like by a dozer.

Alleged. Yep. People say there was a Japanese guy coming over the years, moving from the rock towards sunrise. Plus the rock has many signs on it. I don't know which were made by people over the years. I just found the ones under the ground level distinct and strange.

Of course locals say there may be a treasure 20 yards east but to be honest I ask here for the opinions not to invest anymore gasoline.

There have been confirmed finds here I wouldn't bother putting this on here. This is the Philippines and this location was one of the evocation points when the US cut the sealine to Japan.

But yes all is relative. We know there was a box of gold bars found East of here. We saw photos. That's why I ask if anyone may acknowledge the meaning.
That is one of the hits that I got when I put the question in the search engine.
About 59,000,000 results (0.40 seconds)
I really think this topic has been discussed a few times in the world.

Even on here there has been a few claiming that they knew/know/but just couldn't get it.
Just for giggle, write Japanese Gold in the search engine (top right corner)

There you go 67 pages of threads that have some relevance to the topic.
I will say that some of the 1340 threads might not contain all the pertinent information on the exact topic of the Japanese Gold hidden in the Philippines.
Though the times that it has is getting very long in the tooth.

No fault of yours-nor of the readership-it's just one of those common post ups like pull tabs, not a lot going for them.

OP
OP
G

grues0me

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2024
So. People I am not stupid. I expect nothing. I am the "rich" western guy.Family want me to dig. There you go. I did a Google for the last 4 weeks. There is a 100% treasure on a property I know I know heresy. I pay the gasoline. I just wanted to know when to stop because I have a child and noone pays me. It's family. I'll stop now.

Thanks for washing my head. Seriously thank you guys. I am the fool here.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So. People I am not stupid. I expect nothing. I am the "rich" western guy.Family want me to dig. There you go. I did a Google for the last 4 weeks. There is a 100% treasure on a property I know I know heresy. I pay the gasoline. I just wanted to know when to stop because I have a child and noone pays me. It's family. I'll stop now.

Thanks for washing my head. Seriously thank you guys. I am the fool here.
gruesOme, No one here has implied that you are stupid, nor are we saying that you are a fool, but know that MANY people have clamed knowledge of hidden Japanese treasure. No need to become angry for not receiving the answer you wanted. The choice is yours to continue or not. As pepperj pointed, he received about 59,000,000 results!! I do not think that any of us here on Treasure-Net could add any new thing or idea to make it 59,000,000 and 1. I hope you do find what you are looking for. It would be a "BANNER" find for sure. A Great Good Luck to tou.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread