What's new

Japanese War Medal or CW Suspender Buckle

Breezie

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
2,120
Golden Thread
1
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Ya'll, I trust everyone 'played nice' while I was on vacation for the past 1 1/2 weeks. During that time, I did get a chance to detect a camp area. Below are a few pics of a strange piece I found. Because it has gripper teeth, I thought it might be a suspender buckle of some type or maybe a piece that held a military metal. I really have no clue, but figure the teeth portion was there to 'hold' something in place. Thanks in advance for any help. Southern Smiles, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • Suspender1.webp
    Suspender1.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 247
  • Suspender2.webp
    Suspender2.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Suspender3.webp
    Suspender3.webp
    9 KB · Views: 240
Re: CW Suspender Buckle or ???

It looks like some kind of suspender buckle I've never seen one exactly like that. It looks like it had a piece made out of wire that went above and across piece you dug and went through the small outside holes and was attached to the bottom of the piece with the teeth. I hope you can understand what I mean I was having a hard time figuring out how to wor it.
 
Upvote 0
Re: CW Suspender Buckle or ???

Yes, I do understand your description. I think they are called Ribbon Drape Bars. I think my find is more on the line with an award/ribbon, than suspender, but the jury is still out on this one. Thanks, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Good Mornin' Ya'll, Is it possible this could be a Japanese Military Medal/Ribbon holder since Japan used the Chrysanthemum Crest? Did any other country use this crest? Or did any State use the chrysanthemum during the Civil War?
 

Attachments

  • JapaneseChrysanthemum crestMedal.webp
    JapaneseChrysanthemum crestMedal.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom