What's new

Jefferson County? Visiting with my son. A little help?

Fivey

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2014
Messages
30
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
Midwest
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Staying in Jefferson County next week with my son.
Anybody from Jefferson county here? I have no experience with Colorado but will be there next week with my son. (20 miles south of Breckenridge, Jefferson County) Does anyone have any ideas for potentilal sites there ? We saw some "Ghost town" sites but it look like it's illegal in Jefferson County. So we will bring the detectors but might not use them. He is new at this and a bit skeptical about detecting and I'd love for him to maybe have a cool find and catch the bug.

Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks!
 
Reach out to Eureka Treasure Hunters club. Based in Jefferson County.
 
Turns out it was Park County. Near Where South Park originated!
No luck so far.
 
Since we all usually only report our successes, I thought I'd follow up; the trip was great but detecting didn't go that well. The area we stayed was an old mining area with plenty of places to detect, and the temptation was there, but while unmarked these are both historical sites and possibly privately owned. (you cant really tell and its so sparcely populated, short of going to the county records office who knows?) I didn't want to give all of us a bad name by being a poacher. THat limited us to permission which was tough in a desolate community. So we poked around the cabin and found a new coin and lots of junk. ...but look out next time.
Thanks to all who tried to help us.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom