Jeffs Park gives up silver again!!

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Jeff's Park gives up silver again!!

Thought I could catch the end of Jeff's marathon detecting session today but I missed him by a couple hours. I hunted about 1 1/2 hours today and did more diggin' than swinging again......no, I'm not complaining.
In addition to the picture below I also had 23 wheaties ranging in date from 1930 to 1952, 1 clad dime, 3 memorial pennies and the usual tabs,shotgun brass and other goodies.

The picture shows a small brass square with the letter "A" in script, a religious metal that's gonna take more cleaning to read the details, two silver quarters a 1941 and a 1958, one Merc 1937 and an interesting little "whatzit", slightly larger than dime size with an Egyptian Pharaoh head stamped in it.....any ideas?

Thanks for lookin'!! HH

Dave

Attachments

• Scan0005.jpg
    Scan0005.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 632
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DKinPA

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Re: Jeff's Park gives up silver again!!

I guess I should have done my homework before I asked the question about the date..oh, well I found the answer quite easily, thought I'd share the info:

What "1830" represents is the date of the vision that inspired the medal: an apparition of the Virgin Mary to Sister (now Saint) Catherine Labouré, in the convent at Rue de Bac, Paris

Dave

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Jeff's Park gives up silver again!!

Yes the Date fools alot of People who dig them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread