Jersey Beach Today

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It was one of those days on the beach. Trash galore from beer cans, bottle caps and foil. Then the sad home debris from Sandy. Electrical outlets, cabinet hinges, and TV remotes. Along with the usual clad, and pennies. But after 2 hours and in the process of checking my last set of steps another loud but broken hit. My first iPhone of the season which was in an otter box case. Still working fine and 10% battery. Contacted the 14 year old owners "dad" who met me to pick it up. He insisted on giving me $40.00 dollars. I relented and donated it to my favorite charity.
And during one of my trash can runs. I somehow lost the ear phone pad on one of the ear pieces of my AT Pro headset. Thanks to Garrett they are sending me a replacement free of charge.
But a day on the beach is still better then working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 2

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've can attest that the Jersey beaches are very trashy... oh, and they're filled with debris too :laughing7:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best I ever do on the NJ beaches are at prime time hours during the height of the Summer when they're packed. Lotta fresh drops ;) Problem is, I hate hunting in the day with the crowds. Besides, NJ beaches are too tough to get into the water (which I prefer). Try Coney Island. You can go up to your shoulders the water is so calm. It's almost like a lake.

OP
OP
NJcigarman

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Best I ever do on the NJ beaches are at prime time hours during the height of the Summer when they're packed. Lotta fresh drops ;) Problem is, I hate hunting in the day with the crowds. Besides, NJ beaches are too tough to get into the water (which I prefer). Try Coney Island. You can go up to your shoulders the water is so calm. It's almost like a lake.

Kudos for going out there at peak hours. Everyone has something to say and want to watch you close up. The kids want to know how the machine works etc. Dawn and dusk for me.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Garrett is a great company to deal with.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions