jesuit tree markers (

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Re: tree markers

I would love to see more pictures of the tree with more explanation!

I search the Ozarks for Indian Bent trees, I become very interested when I see that the Spainsh would bend trees to mark their treaures.

I am not a historian, or educated in archaelogy, although I have participated in a dig at , "Valley of Ein Yael", Jerusalem. There are some folks who do not beleive there are still Indian Thong Trees in America. I hope you are not one of them.

I am new in the forum. I found this while doing a Google Search for Indian Thong Trees.

Thanks

River

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Re: jesuit tree markers (properties wanted)

Thank you for the quick response. I am sharing this information with a few other individuals who are also involved in the research of these Old Indian Trail Markers. Most of us are very new to this, but others are very knowledgeable on the subject as well on the KGC trees and other Indian markings. I know they will appreciate your Jesuit Tree Markers.

A Jesuit priest in KcMO who is now retired was a great inspiration in my life. Also my maiden name is Padilla and I read where Father Padilla discovered the Grand Canyon. I found this information while doing a family research project.

Thank River

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006

How old would the Jesuit trees be? Do you know the kind of tree...also the age and type of tree in the Negev Desert.

With the keytushas hitting Israel, these trees may not be around much longer.

Thank you especially for sending the picture of the tree in Israel....the area is very dear to my heart.

River

S

stefen

As with any research, there is a progression of facts that needs to be verified in order to ascertain the next step.

First the trees need to be specifically identified and then age certified to determine if they actually thrived prior to the dates of the Jesuits.

If the trees, in fact, are date correct, then the signs possibly would be applicable.

From looking at the bark, the first picture is a Leptospermum laevigatum commonly called the Australian Tea Tree. Usually a large shrub or small tree and is known to have trunk calipers up to 2' across. Although, long lived, they can obtain this size in 30 to 50 years, or so.

One hundred years maybe, however, 200 years may be doubtful for this species.

Not sure about the other trees and can certainly rule out the eucalyptus genus and species. All eucalypts have a narrow sickle-shaped leaf and the bark may range from smooth light tan colored (E. citridora) to dark reddish brown and deeply furrowed (E. ficifolia). The key is the leaf shape for this species which is in excess of 700 varieties, and not evidenced here. Also not long lived and succumbs to numerous native pests.

However, if the dates are off by any amount, then any research is null and void.

Need to verify the trees.

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006

Dowser

Has the Taliban invaded Australia and cut down an ancient tree? Are the authorities against Jesuits markers or the trees themselves?

PS: I just re-read my previous posts, sorry for the typos.....I should have run spell check before I clicked on "Post" LOL :-[

River

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread