What's new

jetco metal detector??

heartslayer2001

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
74
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
long prairie,mn
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, just bought a "jetco metal dtector trd 2500, would like to see if anyone knows about jetco or the detector. Couldn't go wrong only 5.00 bucks but hey it works. I have the manual also. So pretty cool. Brings me up to 5 detectors now. i collect the oddballs. lol God bless have a great day.
 
Only thing I know is my mom bought one through a mail order catalog around 1962 and my brother and I had a lot of fun finding stuff with it.

Got a picture of it?
 
Alls I can say is, that's a real dinasour. That Co. went by-the-wayside in the early to mid 1970s? My guess is they'd be doing good to get a coin at 4", and if they even HAD disc. (by the early '70s), it would've been very rudimentary. About the only places you'd do good with that today, would be a place that's totally virgin, and hasn't seen any other detectors. You'd still only be scratching the surface of most types sites though. But if a site is prolific enough, yeah, you'd find stuff.

Goodyguy, I didn't think that Co. was around as early as 1962?
 
Tom_in_CA said:
Alls I can say is, that's a real dinasour. That Co. went by-the-wayside in the early to mid 1970s? My guess is they'd be doing good to get a coin at 4", and if they even HAD disc. (by the early '70s), it would've been very rudimentary. About the only places you'd do good with that today, would be a place that's totally virgin, and hasn't seen any other detectors. You'd still only be scratching the surface of most types sites though. But if a site is prolific enough, yeah, you'd find stuff.

Goodyguy, I didn't think that Co. was around as early as 1962?

Good call Tom. Now that I think of it ours was a Relco. Hard to remember that far back.
 
A Jetco Mustang was my first detector in 1970.
I found a lot of bottle caps and coins with it, from
that point on I was hooked for ever.
 
be a good detector for the tot lot as most items is close to the top...Matt
 
Never had a Jetco but I still have my first one which I bought in 1969. It is a bright yellow Goldak. I found tons of great coins with it (+ tons of trash ) and it still works. Man, in those days the concept of having something like my DFX was like my having a Saturn 5 with Apollo 11 on top.. :-)

Mike
 
A Jetco was my first detector, only had it for about a week, then bought a White's, what a difference.
 
omg--jetco--I had one of those back around 1972-73--found a few coins and relics with it, then the shaft broke and I sold it. Those are some old memories.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom