Jewelers Loop

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Is this an old jeweler's loop, can anybody date it. I found it the Whitewater River Drainage which is just off of Hwy 10 not far from Palm Springs. It was found in an area that you would exspect someone would explore for minerals. I cleaned it up and it still works, the glass is much thicker than the loops I see now days. I have one that I bought and it has two lenses and is made of plastic.

HH

Attachments

• Jewelers Loop.JPG
    Jewelers Loop.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 457
OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Sorry Reddielocks,
MOHRSON
GERMANY

Upvote 0

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Ant said:
Sorry Reddielocks,
MOHRSON
GERMANY

I cant find any info on that item but i saw a lot of other similar items like magnifying glasses,opera glasses,and binoculars.It most certianly is pretty old .

Upvote 0

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
These are commonly carried by rockhounds and geologists for mineral and rock identification. Probably one of the above dropped it while roaming around.
Nice quality lens
George

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
bakergeol said:
These are commonly carried by rockhounds and geologists for mineral and rock identification. Probably one of the above dropped it while roaming around.
Nice quality lens
George

Hey, thanks everyone.

Yeah bakergeol, that's what all the evidence points too regarding who lost it. The lens is very thick and must be of high quality because it cleaned up good. Thanks again.

HH

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread