jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Thank you goes out to "insontis" for the idea of listing dainty gold chains. I remembered that I had a similar chain sitting in my scrap bin along with a dainty pendant. I put them together and listed them as jewelry instead of scrapping this stuff. Would have scrapped for $15. Hoping to clear $50-60 as jewelry. So, thank you for the idea!

2. I attached a pic of a small pendant I had in my scrap bin. It is 14k with some stones used as body pats to make a little stick figure pendant. What are these called so I can list it? Can anyone dig up a similar listing, please? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 63

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya- I sell them as child birthstone pendants. Color of belly dictates the month. They sell well in silver and gold.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome! Honestly I've been on the hunt for a lot of good condition dainty gold chains for spot price. Heck, if I can buy a lot of 10 one gram gold chains and pay $160 and then pair them each with a less than 1 gram charm/pendant from a thrift or scrap lot purchase... well.. it'd be some easy money.

Also, from the little experience I have selling dainty chains: If you take great pictures and list it BIN OBO, do not jump on your first offer. I had a handful of offers on my $65 OBO chain+charm. Eventually I haggled one person up to $50 and another made a $50 offer. I sent counter offers to both saying there is another person interested for the same amount and will sell it to the first to accept $55. Sold within the hour.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya- I sell them as child birthstone pendants. Color of belly dictates the month. They sell well in silver and gold.

Do you think they sell better individually or as a set? And what selling format do you use? I have a lot of three of silver ones (different stones) and was unsure if I should pair them with a chain or just sell them together or each alone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread